This Apple Jujube Crisp recipe is a simple no sugar added dessert that is perfect for the Fall season. It is delicious by itself or with frozen yogurt or ice cream.
Jujubes, also known as Chinese red dates, Korean dates, or Indian dates, are a beautiful fruit that is similar to apples when they are young and like dates when they ripen and become wrinkly. Jujubes have more vitamin C than citrus fruits and have a load of other nutrients to aide with stomach and intestinal illness and perhaps prevent cancer. This recipe is best with young jujubes. With more mature Jujubes I would recommend making these fantastic Spiced Jujubes.
Apple Jujube Crisp Ingredients
- 2 cups jujubes
- 2 apples
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Jujube Crisp Topping
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/3 cup almond meal (crush 1/3 cup almonds in a blender or food processor until flour-like)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease a 1-quart baking dish.
- Remove the seeds from the jujubes.
- Seed and slice the apples.
- Combine in a small bowl with 2 tablespoons maple syrup and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Combine topping ingredients and pack down on top of the fruit.
- Bake until topping is browned and fruit is soft.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Green Bean Apple Saute’
- Butternut Squash and Apples – The Way Grandma Made It
- Keto Kohlrabi Coleslaw – A Low-Carb Alternative
- Grilled Lemon-Herb Chicken Salad – Best Flavors of Spring
- Waldorf Chicken Salad-Serve It As a Sandwich or Wrap
- Roasted Beet and Pecan Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- Broccoli Beef – Simple and Ready in 30 Minutes
- Carrot Puff Casserole – Great For Lunch Or Dinner
- Fuyu Persimmon – A Popular Harvest2U Organic Fruit
- Spiced Candied Jujubes – Served with Rice and Lentils
- Whole Grain Avocado Pancakes – Healthy Way to Start Your Day
- Cock-a-Leekie Soup – Made with Plenty of Leeks
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli – A Delicious and Simple Side Dish
- Vegetables for Breakfast – A Healthy Start
- Broccoli Gratin – Pairing Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese
- Get the Most Out of Your Harvest Box – Ten Tips
- Apple, Carrot, Beet, and Swiss Chard Juice – Nutrient Loading
- Orange Cranberry Salad – With Tea-Infused Dressing
- Blueberry Vinaigrette Salad Dressing – Fresh and Healthy
- The Blood Orange – Many Health Benefits