Here’s a great Asian Chicken Wraps recipe for leftover chicken, particularly on those “it’s too hot or I’m too tired to cook” nights. Use whatever vegetables you have on hand, peppers, tomatoes, cabbage, sprouts, greens, etc. Look for the Spring Roll Wraps (may be called rice paper wraps) in the Asian food aisle of most well-stocked grocery stores.
The only trick to using them is not to over soak them, otherwise, they become too sticky to work with. I often use two for added thickness.
Asian Chicken Wraps with Peanut Sauce Ingredients
- 2 cups cooked chicken sliced thinly
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon Chinese Five Spice (optional)
- 1 cup carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup green onions, sliced thinly lengthwise
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 package Spring Roll Wraps
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl, combine Peanut Sauce and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and Chinese Five Spice.
- Add warm water to a shallow dish or plate. Soak 1 or two Spring Roll Wrappers for 10-20 seconds, just until they become pliable.
- Lay wrapper on a plate, fill with desired ingredients. Fold the top and bottom of the wrapper to the inside and roll the wrapper around the ingredients. Slice on a diagonal and serve with Peanut Sauce.
- Green Beans Wrapped in Bacon
- Butternut Squash Appetizers – Excellent Source of Fiber
- Broccoli Beef – Simple and Ready in 30 Minutes
- No Sugar Added Plum Sauce – A Healthier Version
- Basil Chimichurri – An Amazing Sauce in 5 Minutes
- Roasted Veggie Shrimp Salad
- Avgolemono – Nutritious Chicken and Rice Soup
- Microgreens and Tuna Salad – Nutrient Rich
- Maple Persimmon Muffins – No Sugar Added Muffins
- Carrot and Microgreens Juice – Without a Juicer