This Avocado Yogurt Dip recipe combines a few simple ingredients for a healthy dip. You can use it for vegetables or chips, use it as a spread for sandwiches, or thin it a little and use it as a salad dressing.
Avocados are loaded with goodness, starting with heart-healthy monounsaturated fat. They also have vitamin A, C, E, K, and most B complex, minerals like copper and iron, plus fiber and other antioxidants like lutein.
This recipe adds in some probiotic Greek yogurt for a happy gut and your choice of fresh herbs. I went with parsley, rosemary, and basil. You can add in a clove of garlic if you want.
Avocado Yogurt Dip Ingredients
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine avocado, yogurt, and herbs in a food processor or blender until the herbs are chopped.
- Add the lemon juice and vinegar and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
You can enjoy immediately or chill for an hour or more to let the flavors fully develop a bit more.
- For a salad dressing, add enough milk to make it pourable.