Carrot and Microgreens Juice is a refreshing dose of nutrients that can be made with or without a juicer. Carrots add a little sweetness and antioxidants like beta carotene and the microgreens have more nutrients per ounce than their fully-grown counterparts. Toss in a bit of parsley, or cilantro if you prefer, for extra flavor.
Juicing is a great way to get a boost of nutrients into your body quickly since you are removing the fiber that will slow digestion. It is a healthy drink if you follow a few basic principles:
- Juice more vegetables than fruit (fruit is high in sugar/calories)
- Consume other high fiber fruits and vegetables throughout the day
- Use high quality organic non-GMO produce
Learn more here.
If you want to experiment with juicing before investing money on a quality juicer, use your food processor or blender instead. You will need a little bit of water to get hard vegetables like carrots started. For added nutrition, use kefir, kombucha, or even a little juice.
Carrot and Microgreens Juice Ingredients
- 2-3 medium carrots, any color
- 1-2 handfuls of microgreens
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley with stems
- 1/4-1/2 cup water or other liquid (omit if using a juicer)
- Put the ingredients into blender or food processor and puree until smooth and liquid. Pause to scrape down a few times. It will take a few minutes to get it completely pureed.
- Place a metal strainer over a measuring cup and line with a few layers of wet cheesecloth. If your cheesecloth is dry it will soak up some of your precious juice! Get it wet and squeeze out the water first.
- Pour vegetable puree into cheesecloth and press down on it with a spoon. Gather the ends of the cheesecloth and squeeze out as much of the juice as you can.
- Chill your Carrot and Microgreens Juice, if desired, and enjoy.
- Carrot Puff Casserole – Great for Brunch Or A Side Dish For Lunch Or Dinner
- For Better Health Eat Lots of Colors
- Review Farmer’s Choice-Elizabeth K
- Maple Cinnamon Squash – A Simple Way To Prepare Winter Squash
- Smashed Baby Potatoes – Perfect For Small Potatoes
- Vegetables for Breakfast – A Healthy Start
- Carrot Zucchini Ribbons – A Healthy Addition To Summer’s Grilled Foods
- Harvest2U Juicing Tips and Why Local Sources Matter
- Microgreens Pesto – A Versatile Sauce
- Get the Most Out of Your Harvest Delivery – Ten Tips
- Cucumber Watermelon Juice – Refresh and Hydrate
- Keto Kohlrabi Coleslaw – A Low-Carb Alternative
- Benefits of Beets – Elevated to Superfood Status
- No Sugar Added Plum Sauce – A Healthier Version
- Carrot Puff Casserole – Great For Lunch Or Dinner
- The Powerful Pomegranate – Known Since Ancient Times
- Pear Cucumber Juice – Simple and Nutritious
- Maple Avocado Pie – No-Bake and Loaded with Vitamins
- Apple, Carrot, Beet, and Swiss Chard Juice – Nutrient Loading
- Sauerkraut – Just in Time for Oktoberfest
- Apple Cucumber Juice – A Great Hydrator