Carrot and Microgreens Juice is a refreshing dose of nutrients that can be made with or without a juicer. Carrots add a little sweetness and antioxidants like beta carotene and the microgreens have more nutrients per ounce than their fully-grown counterparts. Toss in a bit of parsley, or cilantro if you prefer, for extra flavor.
Juicing is a great way to get a boost of nutrients into your body quickly since you are removing the fiber that will slow digestion. It is a healthy drink if you follow a few basic principles:
- Juice more vegetables than fruit (fruit is high in sugar/calories)
- Consume other high fiber fruits and vegetables throughout the day
- Use high quality organic non-GMO produce
Learn more here.
If you want to experiment with juicing before investing money on a quality juicer, use your food processor or blender instead. You will need a little bit of water to get hard vegetables like carrots started. For added nutrition, use kefir, kombucha, or even a little juice.
Carrot and Microgreens Juice Ingredients
- 2-3 medium carrots, any color
- 1-2 handfuls of microgreens
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley with stems
- 1/4-1/2 cup water or other liquid (omit if using a juicer)
- Put the ingredients into blender or food processor and puree until smooth and liquid. Pause to scrape down a few times. It will take a few minutes to get it completely pureed.
- Place a metal strainer over a measuring cup and line with a few layers of wet cheesecloth. If your cheesecloth is dry it will soak up some of your precious juice! Get it wet and squeeze out the water first.
- Pour vegetable puree into cheesecloth and press down on it with a spoon. Gather the ends of the cheesecloth and squeeze out as much of the juice as you can.
- Chill your Carrot and Microgreens Juice, if desired, and enjoy.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Carrot Puff Casserole – Great for Brunch Or A Side Dish For Lunch Or Dinner
- For Better Health Eat Lots of Colors
- Review Farmer’s Choice-Elizabeth K
- Maple Cinnamon Squash – A Simple Way To Prepare Winter Squash
- Smashed Baby Potatoes – Perfect For Small Potatoes
- Vegetables for Breakfast – A Healthy Start
- Carrot Zucchini Ribbons – A Healthy Addition To Summer’s Grilled Foods
- Harvest2U Juicing Tips and Why Local Sources Matter
- Microgreens Pesto – A Versatile Sauce
- Get the Most Out of Your Harvest Delivery – Ten Tips
- Cucumber Watermelon Juice – Refresh and Hydrate
- Keto Kohlrabi Coleslaw – A Low-Carb Alternative
- Benefits of Beets – Elevated to Superfood Status
- No Sugar Added Plum Sauce – A Healthier Version
- Carrot Puff Casserole – Great For Lunch Or Dinner
- The Powerful Pomegranate – Known Since Ancient Times
- Pear Cucumber Juice – Simple and Nutritious
- Maple Avocado Pie – No-Bake and Loaded with Vitamins
- Apple, Carrot, Beet, and Swiss Chard Juice – Nutrient Loading
- Sauerkraut – Just in Time for Oktoberfest
- Apple Cucumber Juice – A Great Hydrator
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series.