Yes, you can have cookies for breakfast. As long as they are healthy like these Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies. I make them ahead so we can grab them and go on those busy mornings.
Carrots are the star of this recipe of course. They are loaded with fiber, antioxidants, and vitamin A among other micronutrients.
Oats give you fiber to help fill you up and fuel your day. Then we load in the healthy fats and protein from the nuts and coconut and add just a touch of sweetness with either honey or maple syrup (I used a bit of both).
Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies Ingredients
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse together 1/2 cup each oat, pecans, and shredded coconut to form a flour-like meal.
- In a mixing bowl beat two eggs until light.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Using a cookie scoop (or tablespoon) drops on to a baking sheet leaving room for them to expand. Flatten the cookie slightly in the middle.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until cookies look thoroughly baked.
- Transfer the Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies to a cooling rack to cool.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Peach and Arugula Salad – Perfect For Summer
- Carrot Balls – Low Carb Sweet or Spicy
- Apple Jujube Crisp – Perfect For The Fall Season
- Mixed Greens Tart – Fiber, Iron, and Antioxidants
- Chicory and Beans (Cicoria e Fagioli) – A Full Meal
- Microgreens and Tuna Salad – Nutrient Rich
- Easy No-Fuss Gazpacho – The Perfect Summer Soup
- Chermoula – A Moroccan Herb Sauce and Cousin to Pesto
- Grilled Lemongrass Shrimp Skewers – A Herbal Lemony Taste
- Keto Kohlrabi Coleslaw – A Low-Carb Alternative
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series.