Marinated grilled chicken, black beans, cilantro-lime rice, and diversity of fun toppings, this burrito bowl is loaded. We believe this burrito bowl recipe will become a meal staple for your family.
Chicken Burrito Bowl Ingredients
- 1 ¼ pounds Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-2 tablespoons chili powder (heat level is up to you).
- 3 cups cooked brown or white (or quinoa)
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Juice from 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to your liking
- 1 15 – ounce can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup salsa or Pico de gallo
- 1 thinly sliced avocado
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- Prepare the marinade; place the olive oil, lime juice, and water into a large ziplock plastic bag.
- Add the sugar, garlic salt, smoked paprika, cumin, onion powder, and chili powder.
- Zip up the bag and shake.
- Place the chicken in the ziplock bag of marinade, seal, and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes and up to 7 hours.
- Preheat the grill. Grill skillet or pan over medium-high
- Add the chicken and cook for 6-7 minutes on each side or until thoroughly cooked.
- Chop the cooked chicken into small bite-sized pieces.
- Place the rice in a bowl; add the lime juice, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste; mix to coat the rice evenly.
- Arrange the chicken, beans, salsa, avocado, sour cream, and lettuce on top of the rice.
- Divide the rice between 4 bowls.
- Gluten Free Lemon Zucchini Bread – High Nutritional Value
- Garlic Kale Soup – Use All That Wonderful Spring Produce
- Spring Garlic Aioli – Homemade Healthy Mayonnaise
- Ratatouille – Combination of Organic Summer Produce
- Keep Hydrated with These 8 Summer Produce Superstars
- Black Beans Kale – The Perfect Pairing
- Keto Kohlrabi Coleslaw – A Low-Carb Alternative
- Apple, Carrot, Beet, and Swiss Chard Juice – Nutrient Loading
- Grilled Baby Potatoes and Fennel – Healthy Side Dish
- Carrot and Microgreens Juice – Without a Juicer