Cranberry Apple Spinach Salad is as quick and delicious as it is healthy. Just a few simple ingredients pack a powerful punch.
The salad starts with spinach, a dark leafy green loaded with vitamins K, A, and C, plus manganese, potassium, calcium, and other goodness. The apple and cranberries (or raisins) add some sweetness and tartness as well as vitamin C and fiber. The walnuts bring in some protein and healthy fats.
Top it with a simple homemade honey mustard vinaigrette and it makes a wonderful side salad. Add leftover chicken or pork for a low carb high protein meal.
Cranberry Apple Spinach Salad Ingredients
- 10-12 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 1 large apple (any variety)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (or raisins)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and drain spinach, tearing large leaves into bite-sized pieces. Put into a salad bowl.
- Core apple and cut into small cubes. Add to the salad bowl.
- In a small skillet, toast walnuts for about 2 minutes over medium heat. Watch carefully so they don’t burn. Add to the salad bowl with dried cranberries.
- In a small bowl, whisk together salad dressing ingredients. Pour over salad, toss and serve.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series.