Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce is an easy creamy sauce for meat or fish, a salad dressing, or a dip depending on how thick you want to make it.
Creamy Cilantro is a wonderfully healthy herb. It can help lower blood sugar, which is great for most people, but diabetics should be aware of overconsumption. It contains antimicrobial compounds that can reduce the risk of foodborne illnesses. Some initial studies even link consumption of cilantro with reduced symptoms of cognitive diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkison’s. (source)
The basic recipe can also be adapted a number of ways:
- thin it with milk or a bit more juice to make it thinner for a salad dressing.
- kick it up with a few shakes of hot sauce.
- use parsley and lemon instead of cilantro and lime.
Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce Ingredients
- 3 cups cilantro leaves
- 3-4 green onions, cut into large pieces
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1 lime, zested, and cut in half
- salt and pepper to taste
- hot sauce (optional)
- milk or extra juice (optional)
- In a food processor or blender, add cilantro leaves, green onion, yogurt, lime zest, and juice. Pulse a few times to chop up the larger pieces, then blend until smooth.
- Put sauce in a covered dish and chill for at least one hour to allow the flavors to blend.
- Add salt and pepper and hot sauce to taste.
- Thin with milk or lime juice, if desired.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.