Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce is an easy creamy sauce for meat or fish, a salad dressing, or a dip depending on how thick you want to make it.
Creamy Cilantro is a wonderfully healthy herb. It can help lower blood sugar, which is great for most people, but diabetics should be aware of overconsumption. It contains antimicrobial compounds that can reduce the risk of foodborne illnesses. Some initial studies even link consumption of cilantro with reduced symptoms of cognitive diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkison’s. (source)
The basic recipe can also be adapted a number of ways:
- thin it with milk or a bit more juice to make it thinner for a salad dressing.
- kick it up with a few shakes of hot sauce.
- use parsley and lemon instead of cilantro and lime.
Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce Ingredients
- 3 cups cilantro leaves
- 3-4 green onions, cut into large pieces
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1 lime, zested, and cut in half
- salt and pepper to taste
- hot sauce (optional)
- milk or extra juice (optional)
FREE Weekly Video Recipe Series
Sign-up for our 30-second (all under a minute) video recipe series is designed to provide you an easy way to use Harvest2U’s locally grown organic produce.