Bring fennel broccoli red bell pepper together for an amazing treat.
Fennel Broccoli Red Bell Pepper Ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons Temecula Olive Oil
- teaspoon chopped fennel leaves
- green onions, chopped
- 3 large heads of broccoli, cut into florets, using stems also (about 7 cups)
- One fennel bulb (about 1 pound), halved lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise
- One large red bell pepper, cut into long strips
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence (or substitute 3 units each of dried marjoram, rosemary, thyme and savory, 1 unit each of basil and chervil and 1/2 unit each of sage, oregano, chopped bay leaves, tarragon, and mint. 1 teaspoon lavender (orange zest can also be included).
- 2/3 cup bone broth, chicken
- Heat 2 tablespoons Temecula Olive Oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add fennel seeds and stir until toasted, about 3 minutes.
- Then add shallots and sauté until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Next, add sliced fennel bulb and red bell pepper and sauté until just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Finally, add broccoli.
- Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons oil over vegetables.
- Stir in herbes de Provence (or substitute)
- Pour in broth.
- Simmer until broccoli is crisp-tender, evaporating the liquid. About 6 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.