Aioli is an emulsion of egg and oil. Add a little sweetener, and it becomes homemade healthy mayonnaise.
What is spring garlic (also known as Green Garlic)? It is immature garlic harvested when the farmers thin the garlic fields. By removing some of the spring garlic, there is more room for the rest of the garlic to grow.
Is homemade mayonnaise hard? NO! The only trick is to slowly drizzle the oil into the blender instead of dumping it in all at once.
If you don’t have any spring garlic, you can swap out a few cloves of garlic instead.
Spring Garlic Aioli Ingredients
- 1-2 bulbs spring garlic (or 3-4 cloves of garlic)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar or another sweetener (optional)
- Remove the roots and most of the green leaves of the spring garlic and roughly chop.
- In the blender pulse the garlic a few times to chop it up.
- Add egg and salt and blend until the garlic is pureed.
- With the blender running, slowly drizzle in half of the olive oil.
- Stop the blender, scrape down the sides, and add the lemon juice.
- Turn the blender on and slowly add remaining oil.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Lemony Kale and Quinoa – A Flavor-Packed Dish
- Sausage and Pepper Hash – An Easy Sheet Pan Dinner
- Garlic Kale Soup – Use All That Wonderful Spring Produce
- Gluten-Free Lemon Zucchini Bread – High Nutritional Value
- Apple Radish Fennel Salad – Greens Optional
- Avgolemono – Nutritious Chicken and Rice Soup
- Roasted Beet and Pecan Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- Chermoula – A Moroccan Herb Sauce and Cousin to Pesto
- Zutano Avocado – A Rare Tasty Delight
- Maple Persimmon Muffins – No Sugar Added Muffins
- Broccoli Potato Soup
- Parmesan Rosemary Radishes – Juicy & Lightly Sweet
- Carrot Balls – Low Carb Sweet or Spicy
- Avocado, Arugula, Cucumber and Tomato Salad
- Greek Lemon Oregano Kebabs – Antibacterial Compounds
- Cheddar Beet Risotto – Sweet and Creamy
- No Sugar Added Plum Sauce – A Healthier Version
- Watermelon Cucumber Cups – A Fun Appetizer or Salad
- Garlic Roasted Carrots and Green Beans – Healthy Side Dish
- Grilled Baby Potatoes and Fennel – Healthy Side Dish
- Summer Fruit Clafouti – A Pancake And Pudding
- Herb and Garlic Spaghetti Squash – Healthier Than Pasta
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series.