Yeah, Baby, green beans wrapped in bacon can make a tasty and visually interesting side dish. Plus, everything’s better with bacon. Right?
Green Beans Wrapped in Bacon Ingredients
- Four bacon strips
- 3/4 pound fresh organic green beans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Three tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon soy sauce
- First, after cleaning and trimming your beans, steam until crisp-tender.
- While that’s happening, cook the bacon over medium heat. Be sure it’s cooked, but not crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Wrapped about 12 drained beans with a strip of bacon. Secure with a toothpick. Then, place each bundle on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Combine your garlic salt, brown sugar, melted butter and soy sauce in a small bowl. Pour/brush the sauce over the bean bundles and bake for 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees until the bacon is crisp.
Makes four servings.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Chicory and Beans (Cicoria e Fagioli) – A Full Meal
- Butternut Squash Appetizers – Excellent Source of Fiber
- Garlic Roasted Carrots and Green Beans – Healthy Side Dish
- Blackberry Kiwi Juice – Try It Now
- Tatsoi Mushrooms Asian Delight – Excellent Nutritional Value
- Green Pepper Hot Sauce – Instant and Homemade
- Baked Halibut Zucchini and Carrots
- Broccoli Potato Soup
- Spiced Candied Jujubes – Served with Rice and Lentils
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series.