Yeah, Baby, green beans wrapped in bacon can make a tasty and visually interesting side dish. Plus, everything’s better with bacon. Right?
Green Beans Wrapped in Bacon Ingredients
- Four bacon strips
- 3/4 pound fresh organic green beans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Three tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon soy sauce
- First, after cleaning and trimming your beans, steam until crisp-tender.
- While that’s happening, cook the bacon over medium heat. Be sure it’s cooked, but not crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Wrapped about 12 drained beans with a strip of bacon. Secure with a toothpick. Then, place each bundle on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Combine your garlic salt, brown sugar, melted butter and soy sauce in a small bowl. Pour/brush the sauce over the bean bundles and bake for 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees until the bacon is crisp.
Makes four servings.
- Chicory and Beans (Cicoria e Fagioli) – A Full Meal
- Butternut Squash Appetizers – Excellent Source of Fiber
- Garlic Roasted Carrots and Green Beans – Healthy Side Dish
- Blackberry Kiwi Juice – Try It Now
- Tatsoi Mushrooms Asian Delight – Excellent Nutritional Value
- Green Pepper Hot Sauce – Instant and Homemade
- Baked Halibut Zucchini and Carrots
- Broccoli Potato Soup
- Spiced Candied Jujubes – Served with Rice and Lentils