Grilled Baby Potatoes and Fennel is an easy and healthy side dish you can prepare alongside your other grilled favorites.
Potatoes are a great source of vitamin C, potassium, and vitamin B6. Baby potatoes, sometimes called new potatoes, are young potatoes that are harvested early to give the other potatoes more room and nutrients to grow. Their skin tends to be very tender which means it doesn’t have to be peeled, but they cannot be stored for a long time like mature potatoes.
You can use mature potatoes for this by peeling (or not) and cutting into 1-2 inch pieces.
Grilled Baby Potatoes Ingredients
- 1 pound baby potatoes (red or Yukon Gold are particularly good)
- 1 head fennel
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a gas grill to medium-high heat. Cut the potatoes in half and place in a large bowl.
- Trim green fronds from fennel, reserve some fronds, and save the rest for another recipe. Cut the bulb into eighths, leaving the core attached. Roughly chop the reserved fronds. Add fennel bulb and fronds to the bowl of potatoes.
- Add olive oil and toss to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread potatoes and fennel into a single layer on a grilling pan on the grill. You can place directly on the grill, put the pan helps keep the pieces from sliding between the grates. Lower heat to medium and grill until potatoes are browned on both sides, about 8-10 minutes aside.
- Remove the core from the fennel and rough chop, if desired. Mix with the potatoes and serve.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Cheddar Beet Risotto – Sweet and Creamy
- Peppers-Sweet Baby Bell
- Arugula Pomegranate Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette
- Creamy Keto Braised Celery – Triple It For the Holidays
- Rosemary Fermented Carrots – Helps Overall Health
- Swiss Chard with Onions and Vinegar
- Garlic Cherry Tomatoes
- Microgreens Pesto – A Versatile Sauce