Layered Beet and Carrot Salad – Healthy as it is Beautiful
Layered Beet and Carrot Salad is a colorful salad that is as healthy as it is beautiful.
The bright colors of the beets and carrots help provide powerful antioxidants for your body. Paired with the natural probiotics in the yogurt, you have a showstopper salad with plenty of health benefits. And it is pretty tasty too.
Layered Beet and Carrot Salad Ingredients
- 1 beetroot, taproot and leaf end removed and peeled
- 3 medium carrots, taproot and leaf end removed and peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (or other mild vinegar)
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced (about 1/4 teaspoon)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grate beet and carrot separately in a food processor or using the large holes of a box grater.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, vinegar lemon juice and zest and honey. Whisk to blend. Pour half of the dressing over the carrots and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Combine yogurt, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Spread on a serving plate.
- Drain any accumulated liquid from beets and sprinkle on top of the yogurt letting some of the yogurt peek out.
- Add carrots on top of the beets.
- Sprinkle with pistachios and cilantro. Drizzle remaining dressing on top as desired.
- Serve immediately.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Leave a Comment