No Sugar Added Plum Sauce is a healthier version of the traditional Asian sauce. It is delicious as a glaze on poultry and as a dipping sauce. This recipe is an excellent use of overripe plums.
Plums contain powerful antioxidants polyphenols such as anthocyanins (responsible for the purple color) that contain anti-inflammatory properties and may help reduce cancer and heart risks. Additionally, the consumption of plums has been shown to increase iron absorption.
The color of the sauce is dependent upon the color of the plums, yellower plums will create a golden-colored sauce, while purple will result in a more traditional deep purple color.
No Sugar Added Plum Sauce Ingredients
- 1 pound ripe plums
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno (about 1/2 pepper)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- Remove pits and stems from the plums, place in a medium pot.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat until the plums are disintegrated, and onions are soft about 15-20 minutes.
- Puree with a hand blender or in batches using a food processor or blender.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Roasted Beet and Pecan Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- Stir Fried Sesame Tatsoi – A Mild Asian Green
- Grilled Lemon-Herb Chicken Salad – Best Flavors of Spring
- Carrot Balls – Low Carb Sweet or Spicy
- Beet Noodles and Greens – High in Fiber, Vitamins & Minerals
- Spiced Candied Jujubes – Served with Rice and Lentils
- Chimichurri – Like You’ve Never Had!
- Chermoula – A Moroccan Herb Sauce and Cousin to Pesto
- Avocado Pancakes – A Healthy Way to Start Your Day
- Asian Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry – Simple and Healthy
- Low Carb Creamed Spinach – Healthy and Easy
- Dairy Free Cucumber Salad – Hungarian Uborkasalata
- Catalogna Chicory Salad with Grapefruit and Pumpkin Seeds
- Roasted Carrot Marinara – Loaded With Beta-Carotene
- Natural Spa Treatments – Using 8 Harvest2U Box Ingredients
- Summer Fruit Clafouti – A Pancake And Pudding