*One bunch of beets = 1 Qty.
The beet is the taproot portion of a beet plant, and also known as the garden beet, table beet, golden beet or red beet. The Beet is one of several cultivated varieties of Beta vulgaris (i.e. Swiss Chard) grown for their edible roots and leaves (called beet greens).
Health benefits of Beets
- Reduces inflammation
- Nature’s multivitamin/mineral supplement
- An antioxidant powerhouse
- Lowering blood pressure
- Boost your sports performance – a nitric oxide supplement
How to use it
- Raw! – Yes, beets are very good raw. Cut them up and serve them with a sprinkle of chile and lemon. Delicious.
- In a salad. – Beets make an excellent addition to other salad staples. Try them tossed with feta in a grain salad, or with horseradish cream and onions in an elegantly composed dinner salad.
- Roasted with goat cheese. – This is the definitive, all-time favorite preparation. Roast the beets until they are juicy and tender, then eat them with some spicy greens and piquant goat cheese. Add some hazelnuts, and you’re in heaven.
- As a dessert. – Beets with their smoky, earthy sweetness are the secret ingredient in some amazing desserts, like our velvety beet and cocoa cake, and Thomas Keller’s bright red beet ice cream.
- Pickled! – Pickled beets are just marvelous. The tangy vinegar and sweetness complement beets’ earth undernotes. Try a quick batch of refrigerator beet pickles.
see our Beet recipes here»