Local Duck Eggs
From: $11.99 per delivery
Our local duck eggs come unrefrigerated. Refrigerate when delivered. Eggs are best within 3-4 weeks.
1 Quantity unit = One dozen
Our Local Duck Eggs Are Pasture-Raised
Our local duck eggs are a product of insects, grasses, weeds, and non-GMO duck feed.
More Nutritious Than Chicken Eggs
Eggs from ducks raised on pasture have been shown to contain:
- 15 times more Vitamin D than a pastured chicken egg
- 5 times the Vitamin E than a pastured chicken egg
- 2 times the Omega 3 Fatty Acids than a pastured chicken egg
- 2 times the Vitamin B Complex content than a pastured chicken egg (at LEAST!)
- 2 times the Manganese, Iron, Zinc, Chromium, Potassium, etc. than a pastured chicken egg
Our local duck eggs have a high lecithin content, which means your eggs can raise a pound cake up to twice as much as a chicken egg. Use two Duck Eggs for every three chicken eggs.
Cooking with Duck Eggs
Duck Eggs can be used in much the same way as chicken eggs and are incredibly delicious poached or boiled. They make fantastic deviled eggs (also see our Pickled Beet Eggs recipe). Just be aware that you need to fry slower and longer. The essential fatty acids in the yolk do not like extreme heat, and high heat will over-coagulate that protein, making the eggs hard and rubbery. We recommend adding the egg to a pan with coconut oil, turning the heat up and cook until the whites are done, but the yolks are still soft. Baking? In summer, when Ducks are eating insects, grasses, and weeds, our local duck eggs have a lot of healthy orange pigments called xanthophylls, including canthaxanthin, zeaxanthin, and lutein from plants and insects. This means that your lemon cakes will be bright yellow – NO color needed!
Recommended Harvest2U Recipes for Duck Eggs
- Kick’n Vegetable Frittata
- Gluten-Free Lemon Zucchini Bread
- Gluten Free Cauliflower Fritters
- Carrot Quinoa Muffins