Who doesn’t love pesto? This simple pesto recipe can be made from many different base ingredients and used to add flavor and a splash of class to many, many dishes. Try this from Harvest2U.
Simple Pesto Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- Or many other options: spinach, arugula, kale, broccoli, dandelion greens, collards, scallions, and much more.
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- Try other nuts like walnuts, almonds, sesame seeds, pistachios, sunflower seeds, etc.
- Pink sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup Temecula Olive Oil
- Try some other flavors such as roasted garlic, or citrus.
Be creative and adventurous!
Simple Pesto Directions:
- To make the pesto, combine basil (or other), garlic, pine nuts (or other), and Parmesan in a food processor.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Slowly add Temecula Olive Oil in a slow stream until emulsified; set aside.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Garlic Kale Soup – Use All That Wonderful Spring Produce
- Orange Cranberry Salad – With Tea Infused Dressing
- Broccoli Gratin – Pairing Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese
- Fennel and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta – Fiber and Nutrients
- Jujube Pecan Rice Pilaf – A Gluten-Free Vegan Side Dish
- Maple Persimmon Muffins – No Sugar Added Muffins
- Spring Garlic Aioli – Homemade Healthy Mayonnaise
- Peach and Arugula Salad – Perfect For Summer
- Arugula Pomegranate Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette