Who doesn’t love pesto? This simple pesto recipe can be made from many different base ingredients and used to add flavor and a splash of class to many, many dishes. Try this from Harvest2U.
Simple Pesto Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- Or many other options: spinach, arugula, kale, broccoli, dandelion greens, collards, scallions, and much more.
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- Try other nuts like walnuts, almonds, sesame seeds, pistachios, sunflower seeds, etc.
- Pink sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup Temecula Olive Oil
- Try some other flavors such as roasted garlic, or citrus.
Be creative and adventurous!
Simple Pesto Directions:
- To make the pesto, combine basil (or other), garlic, pine nuts (or other), and Parmesan in a food processor.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Slowly add Temecula Olive Oil in a slow stream until emulsified; set aside.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Garlic Kale Soup – Use All That Wonderful Spring Produce
- Orange Cranberry Salad – With Tea Infused Dressing
- Broccoli Gratin – Pairing Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese
- Fennel and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta – Fiber and Nutrients
- Jujube Pecan Rice Pilaf – A Gluten-Free Vegan Side Dish
- Maple Persimmon Muffins – No Sugar Added Muffins
- Spring Garlic Aioli – Homemade Healthy Mayonnaise
- Peach and Arugula Salad – Perfect For Summer
- Arugula Pomegranate Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series.