Spicy Grapefruit Herb Marinade – A Tasty Alternative
This Spicy Grapefruit Herb Marinade would be delicious with pork, chicken, or fish. The Spicy Grapefruit Herb Marinade recipe is a tasty alternative to the lemon and orange juice traditionally used in a marinade.
Grapefruits, like most citrus fruits, are loaded with antioxidants, particularly vitamin C. They also have a good amount of fiber, potassium, and B vitamins (particularly folate). And the pink and ruby red varieties owe their color to the lycopene, the same phytonutrient found in tomatoes, and known to reduce particular cancer and stroke risks. Ironically, if you are taking blood thinners, you should avoid grapefruit because it reduces the effectiveness of the medications.
Spicy Grapefruit Herb Marinade Ingredients
- 1 large pink grapefruit
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped herbs (rosemary, basil, oregano or cilantro)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, more or less to taste
- 1-2 pounds pork, chicken or fish
- Zest the grapefruit to get about 1 teaspoon of zest.
- Slice grapefruit in half and juice it.
- In a small bowl combine the grapefruit zest and juice with the remaining marinade ingredients.
- Pour over the meat or fish and marinate at least 1 hour.
- Roast, grill, or broil as desired.
- Serve Microgreens in Tasty Ways – Packed with Nutrients
- Carrot and Microgreens Juice – Without a Juicer
- The Blood Orange – Many Health Benefits
- Apple Jujube Crisp – Perfect For The Fall Season
- Pomegranate Marinade – A Powerful Antioxidant Boost
- Microgreens Pesto – A Versatile Sauce
- Radish Fritters – Delicious Way to Enjoy These Red Bulbs
- Pickled Radishes – A Way to Store This Wonderful Vegetable
- Foil Packet Garlic Herb Chicken with Seasonal Vegetables
- Smashed Baby Potatoes – Perfect For Small Potatoes
- Apple, Carrot, Beet, and Swiss Chard Juice – Nutrient Loading
- The Powerful Pomegranate – Known Since Ancient Times
- Organic Lemons Are Great For Your Health
- Keep Hydrated with These 8 Summer Produce Superstars
- Carrot Puff Casserole – Great For Lunch Or Dinner
Leave a Comment