This Spicy Grapefruit Herb Marinade would be delicious with pork, chicken or fish. The Spicy Grapefruit Herb Marinade recipe is a tasty alternative to the lemon and orange juice traditionally used in a marinade.
Grapefruits, like most citrus fruits, are loaded with antioxidants, particularly vitamin C. They also have a good amount of fiber, potassium, and B vitamins (particularly folate). And the pink and ruby red varieties owe their color to the lycopene, the same phytonutrient found in tomatoes and known to reduce particular cancer and stroke risks. Ironically, if you are taking blood thinners, you should avoid grapefruit because it reduces the effectiveness of the medications.
Spicy Grapefruit Herb Marinade Ingredients
- 1 large pink grapefruit
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped herbs (rosemary, basil, oregano or cilantro)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, more or less to taste
- 1-2 pounds pork, chicken or fish
- Zest the grapefruit to get about 1 teaspoon of zest.
- Slice grapefruit in half and juice it.
- In a small bowl combine the grapefruit zest and juice with the remaining marinade ingredients.
- Pour over the meat or fish and marinate at least 1 hour.
- Roast, grill or broil as desired.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in these recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Beetroots and Beet Greens – 2 Powerful Allies for Health
- Low Carb Carrot Balls – Sweet or Spicy
- Radish Fritters – Delicious Way to Enjoy These Red Bulbs
- Carrot Leaf Tea – A Perfect Way to Use the Green Tops
- Apple Jujube Crisp – Perfect For The Fall Season
- Pickled Radishes – A Delicious Way to Store This Wonderful Vegetable
- Creamy Chipotle Spinach Dip – A Healthy Dip
- Rough Lemon – A Rare and Unique Citrus
- Orange Cranberry Salad – With Tea Infused Dressing
- Catalogna Chicory Salad with Avocado, Grapefruit and Pumpkin Seeds
- Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies – Gluten Free
- Pomegranate Marinade – A Powerful Antioxidant Boost
- Grapefruit Sorbet – A Refreshing Creamy Frozen Treat
Audrey Humaciu created this recipe for Harvest2U
Audrey is the Editor in Chef at That Recipe and VP of Creativity and Sarcasm at Munofore. When she’s not blogging about her eclectic interests from cooking and crafting to ornamental horticulture and the idiosyncrasies of the American language, she’s just your typical 40 something mom livin’ the life in the California burbs… without the minivan and overpriced coffee.
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series. Recipe Videos