Summer Fruit Clafouti (pronounced “cla foo tee”) sounds like a fancy complicated French dessert. It is actually a simple homey treat that is a cross between a pancake and pudding. Traditionally it is made with cherries, but any summer fruit like peaches, plums, and nectarines would be equally delicious. Cut the larger fruit into halves or quarters.
Summer Fruit Clafouti Ingredients
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 2 cups pitted cherries or other summer fruit
- organic powdered sugar for serving (optional)
Note: this will look very puffy when you take it out of the oven and then it will collapse.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 10″ pie pan or another shallow baking dish.
Optional: place the pan on a flat baking sheet to make getting it in and out of the oven easier and to catch any overflow.
- Whisk together all ingredients except the fruit.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Arrange fruit on top of the batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees F until golden brown around the edges and the center is set, about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm with powdered sugar dusted on top, if desired.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Spiced Candied Jujubes – Served with Rice and Lentils
- Grilled Lemongrass Shrimp Skewers – A Herbal Lemony Taste
- Strawberry Grapefruit Granita – A Light and Refreshing Treat
- Stuffed Squash with Quinoa and Sausage – Nutritionally Packed
- Carrot and Microgreens Juice – Without a Juicer
- Arugula Pomegranate Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette
- Microgreens and Tuna Salad – Nutrient Rich
- Blueberry Vinaigrette Salad Dressing – Fresh and Healthy
- Maple Persimmon Muffins – No Sugar Added Muffins
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series.