I know, weird huh! This Sweet Asparagus Kale Juice will surprise you with its sweet and light flavor. Asparagus is an alkaline food and is high in protein but low in carbohydrates and calories.
Asparagus is low in calories but possesses an impressive nutrient profile. Just half a cup (90 grams) of cooked asparagus contains:
- Protein: 2.2 grams
- Calories: 20
- Fiber: 1.8 grams
- Fat: 0.2 grams
- Vitamin A: 18% of the RDI
- Vitamin K: 57% of the RDI
- Vitamin C: 12% of the RDI
- Folate: 34% of the RDI
- Phosphorous: 5% of the RDI
- Potassium: 6% of the RDI
- Vitamin E: 7% of the RDI
Sweet Asparagus Kale Juice Ingredients:
First, be picky when choosing your asparagus. Select straight stalks that are firm with tight tips. Use it quickly as you only want to store it for two to three days. When storing, place in an air-tight plastic bag in your refrigerator.
Eat asparagus for its dietary fiber. But also make juice out of it, especially using the tough stem ends.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Easy to Make – Scrumptious Laden Sweet Potato Nachos
- Stuffed Squash with Quinoa and Sausage – Nutritionally Packed
- Garlic Kale Soup – Use All That Wonderful Spring Produce
- Mixed Greens Tart – Fiber, Iron, and Antioxidants
- Grapefruit Sorbet – A Refreshing Creamy Frozen Treat
- Colcannon – Irish Potatoes and Kale
- Grilled Lemon Herb Chicken Salad – Best Flavors of Spring
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series.