Use fresh herbs and tomatoes to make this easy one-pan Tomato Herb Skillet Bread (upside-down bread). It’s perfect for an appetizer, or you can serve it alongside your favorite summer meal. Make it even easier on your self and use prepackaged dough such as pizza dough, biscuits, crescent rolls, or puff pastry.
And if you don’t want to heat the house, you can even bake it using indirect heat on your grill.
Tomato Herb Skillet Bread Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-4 tablespoons fresh herbs (basil, oregano, parsley, rosemary, cilantro, etc.)
- 2-3 cups tomatoes
- 1 package dough (pizza dough, biscuits, crescent rolls, puff pastry, etc.)
- Parmesan cheese, additional chopped fresh herbs, salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 (or temperature required for the dough).
- In a cast-iron skillet or another ovenproof skillet, heat olive oil over medium. Coat bottom and sides of the pan with oil.
- Chop herbs.
- Cut larger tomatoes into large pieces; cherry tomatoes can be cut in half.
- Add tomatoes and herbs to skillet and cook until soft. 3-5 minutes. Top with dough.
- Put in preheated oven and bake until dough is cooked (time will vary, about 15-20 minutes).
- Loosen the edges. Using a serving plate place it on top of the skillet and invert the bread on to the plate.
- Sprinkle with cheese, herbs, salt, and pepper. Slice into wedges and serve.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Mixed Greens Tart – Fiber, Iron, and Antioxidants
- Grilled Lemon Herb Chicken Salad – Best Flavors of Spring
- Keto Kohlrabi Coleslaw – A Low-Carb Alternative
- Ginger Pear Butternut Squash Soup – A Twist On Traditional
- Cheddar Beet Risotto – Sweet and Creamy
- Apple and Quinoa Stuffed Squash – Use Your Favorite Squash
- Arugula Pomegranate Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette
- Smashed Baby Potatoes – Perfect For Small Potatoes
- Sausage and Pepper Hash – An Easy Sheet Pan Dinner
- Grilled Baby Potatoes and Fennel – Healthy Side Dish