There are many great reasons to join your local CSA (Community Supported Agriculture). Eat healthy fresh fruits and vegetables, value, learn about new foods & cooking techniques, community, variety, the environment, choices, quality, the list goes on!
6 Reasons to Join a CSA
1. Eat Healthier
When you start picking up a box of fruits and vegetables from your front door each delivery, you’d have to try hard to not eat healthily! Your plates will be overflowing with fresh local organic vegetables. In advance, prep your veggies and salads will come together in seconds for quick lunches and dinner. Check out our tips and recipes in our Blog for making the most of your harvest box – your family’s health will thank you! Try new fruits and vegetables and learn more about cooking while supporting a local business.
2. Eat Seasonally Without Even Trying
One important thing you can do for our planet (and your wallet) is to eat local, seasonal produce. Joining Harvest2U’s CSA takes the guesswork out of eating seasonally, pick-up your box from your front porch each delivery and everything will be in-season, fresh, and delicious. Field ripened tomatoes and peppers will always beat wax covered produce that’s traveled miles to the grocery store.
3. Make an Important Investment in Your Local Food System
When you purchase a harvest subscription from Harvest2U, you’re helping to protect farmland from development, support our efforts to be ecological stewards of organic farmland, and reducing the miles between your food and your dinner plate.
4. Strengthen Community
A community is formed when a community comes together weekly to share in local farmers’ harvest. Many members are active on social media for swapping recipes and stories. CSA members also make a connection with their farmers, bringing them closer to their food.
When you invest in a Harvest2U subscription, you’re signing on for whatever the harvest has in store. There’s a chance you’ll miss out on a few things that have a crop failure or low yields, but you’ll also get in on abundant crop yields! We price out our boxes to make sure that members are paying under or equal to the retail value of the box.
Of these Reasons to Join Harvest2U’s CSA, this should stand out.
Traditional CSA’s require you to sign up for shares. You pay in advance for a growing season, so farmers have operating capital. During the growing season, You’ll receive a box of produce from the CSA on a regular schedule (usually once per week). One size fits all approach.
With Harvest2U’s subscription program we wanted to make it way more flexible. Our CSA is more in line with modern online subscription models.
- You choose how often your box is delivered
- You choose how much you want in your box
- You choose what you want in your boxes
- You can give us a “Can’t Stand” list, so we won’t place those items in your box
- No pickup locations. We deliver right to your door
- You can manage your entire subscription online
- You can place yourself on vacation hold anytime
- You can cancel anytime
Ready to join?? Sign-up online or call us at 951.972.8350
Get 50% off your first delivery using coupon code getmybox50
Additional Reasons to Join – Great Recipes and Resources
- Five Ways to Get Kids To Eat Vegetables
- Carrot and Microgreens Juice – Without a Juicer
- Review – Custom Harvest – Jacquelyn R
- About Harvest2U
- Review – Farmer’s Choice – Elizabeth G
- 5 Lessons Research Teaches us about Preparing Tomatoes
- How Our CSA Works
- Review – Custom Harvest – Rozeta A
- Produce Pop Up Market at
- Almond Mayo – An Alternative to Unhealthy Fats
- Review – Custom Harvest- Sarah H
- Blueberry Vinaigrette Salad Dressing – Fresh and Healthy
- 10 Ways to Help Your Kids Eat Healthier
- Basil Chimichurri – An Amazing Sauce in 5 Minutes
- The Powerful Pomegranate – Known Since Ancient Times
- Creamy Keto Braised Celery – Triple It For the Holidays
- Pear Kiwi Grape Juice
- Why Should I Eat Locally Grown, Organic Produce?