Start your morning right with a vegetable frittata. This one has nutrient-dense kale, purple cabbage and a kick of red pepper.
Just because they’re made with eggs, frittatas don’t need to be relegated only to breakfast. This meal can be enjoyed any time of day! Breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Vegetable Frittata Ingredients:
- 1 Tbsp Temecula Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup or more finely chopped red cabbage
- 1 cup finely chopped kale
- 1 finely chopped red or yellow pepper
- 6 beaten eggs
- A sprinkle of dried or fresh herbs (like oregano or basil)
- Your meat of choice to serve on the side
Preheat broiler. Warm olive oil in an ovenproof pan and sauté onions until they begin to soften. Add cabbage and sauté about three minutes then add kale and peppers.
Continue to sauté until kale wilts. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour in beaten eggs, stir quickly then let cook until it just barely begins to set.
Put the frittata under a broiler until the top is golden and the eggs are cooked through, 3-5 minutes.
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series. Recipe Videos
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in these recipes. Local source: Harvest2U, a Temecula Organic produce company