Start your morning right with a vegetable frittata. This one has nutrient-dense kale, purple cabbage, and a kick of red pepper.
Just because they’re made with eggs, frittatas don’t need to be relegated only to breakfast. This meal can be enjoyed at any time of the day! Breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Vegetable Frittata Ingredients:
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup or more finely chopped red cabbage
- 1 cup finely chopped kale
- 1 finely chopped red or yellow pepper
- 6 beaten eggs
- A sprinkle of dried or fresh herbs (like oregano or basil)
- Your meat of choice to serve on the side
Preheat broiler. Warm olive oil in an ovenproof pan and sauté onions until they begin to soften. Add cabbage and sauté about three minutes then add kale and peppers.
Continue to sauté until kale wilts. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour in beaten eggs, stir quickly then let cook until it just barely begins to set.
Put the frittata under a broiler until the top is golden and the eggs are cooked through 3-5 minutes.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Caldo Verde – Potato and Kale Soup
- Citrus Salsa – A Bright Alternative To Tomato Salsa
- Low Carb Creamed Spinach – Healthy and Easy
- Creamy Keto Braised Celery – Triple It For the Holidays
- Microgreens Pesto – A Versatile Sauce
- Arugula Pomegranate Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette
- Benefits of Beets – Elevated to Superfood Status
- Pickled Beet Relish – Perfect for Sandwiches or Burgers
- Basil Chimichurri – An Amazing Sauce in 5 Minutes
- Swiss Chard with Onions and Vinegar
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series.