Whole Grain Avocado Pancakes are a healthy way to start your day. Avocados are a dense nutrient superfood. Half of the calories may be fat, but it is heart-healthy monounsaturated fat. And that healthy fat helps the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins such as A, K, and E. Avocados are also a good source of folate and fiber. And in this recipe, they give a light green hue without added food coloring.
This Avocado Pancakes recipe is a basic buttermilk pancake with yogurt swapped in for the buttermilk for some probiotics and some whole wheat flour for more fiber and a slightly nutty taste. You can swap honey, agave, or even sugar for the maple syrup. But be sure to add a little to help the pancakes get that nice caramel brown coloring.
Avocado Pancakes Ingredients
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup avocado
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a blender, add yogurt, milk, egg, butter, and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Add avocado and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse until just blended.
Do not overmix. You may need to mix with a spoon if the batter is too thick.
- Cook on a medium-high griddle.
- Blueberries Lemon Cream
- Microgreens Pesto – A Versatile Sauce
- Avocado, Arugula, Cucumber, and Tomato Salad
- Avocado – Zutano
- Avocado – Hass
- Gluten-Free Cauliflower Fritters Using Organic Produce
- Chicory and Beans (Cicoria e Fagioli) – A Full Meal
- Carrot Balls – Low Carb Sweet or Spicy
- Butternut Squash and Apples – The Way Grandma Made It
- Maple Persimmon Muffins – No Sugar Added Muffins
- Carrot Quinoa Muffins – Loaded with Protein and Fiber
- Blueberry Vinaigrette Salad Dressing – Fresh and Healthy
- Ambrosia Parfaits – Healthy and No Sugar Added
- Cock-a-Leekie Soup – Made with Plenty of Leeks
- Baked Avocado and Vegetable Egg Rolls
- Spiced Candied Jujubes – Served with Rice and Lentils
- Apple Jujube Crisp – Perfect For The Fall Season
- Pico De Gallo – Loaded with Healthy Antioxidants