This Yams Stuffed with Avocado recipe is very simple and is a great blend of cool, spicy and sweet.
Yams Stuffed with Avocado Ingredients:
- 4 (8-ounce) yams
- 2 green onions, sliced
- medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- avocados – peeled, pitted, and mashed
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbs Temecula Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, bake your lovely yams for 40 minutes until tender (not too long!), turning occasionally. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the red pepper, avocado, cilantro, Temecula Olive Oil, lime juice, green onions, and cumin.
- Using your best lengthwise cut, halve the yams (careful not to burn your fingers). Fluff the centers with a fork. Top with the avocado stuffing. Season with salt and pepper. Finish by topping with shredded Cheddar cheese.