Here’s a Pilgrim meal – Acorn squash stuffed corn pudding. Get back to your ancestral roots with this awesome fall meal.
Acorn Squash Stuffed Corn Pudding Ingredients:
- 1 organic acorn squash, cut lengthwise, seeded
- 1 egg plus 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon anise seed, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup white cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place cut side up on a baking sheet (Cut a thin slice off the back of each, so they sit flat).
- Brush the flesh of the squash with Temecula Olive Oil.
- Cover with foil. Bake 40 minutes or until they just start to become tender.
- Combine milk, eggs, corn, anise seed, half of the scallions, nutmeg, and salt in a bowl. Remove squash from oven, fill each of the halves to three-quarters full.
- Return to the oven and bake uncovered for another 30 – 50 minutes, or until the squash is fully cooked, and the pudding has set.
- Right before serving, sprinkle with cheese melt under a broiler for a couple of minutes. Garnish with the remaining scallions.
- Grapefruit Sorbet – A Refreshing Creamy Frozen Treat(
- Carrot Balls – Low Carb Sweet or Spicy
- Un Stuffed Cabbage Casserole in the Pressure Cooker
- Butternut Squash Apple Casserole – Excellent Side Dish
- Microgreens Pesto – A Versatile Sauce
- Apple Fennel Chutney – Honeyed
- Roasted Butternut Squash Gnocchi – Homemade Pasta
- Garlic Roasted Carrots and Green Beans – Healthy Side Dish