This Sweet Potato Stuffed with Avocado recipe is very simple and is an excellent blend of cool, spicy, and sweet.
Sweet Potato with Avocado Ingredients:
- 4 (8-ounce) Sweet Potatoes
- 2 green onions, sliced
- medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- avocados – peeled, pitted, and mashed
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, bake your Sweet Potatoes for 40 minutes until tender (not too long!), turning occasionally. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the red pepper, avocado, cilantro, Olive Oil, lime juice, green onions, and cumin.
- Using your best lengthwise cut, halve the Sweet Potatoes (careful not to burn your fingers). Fluff the centers with a fork. Top with the avocado stuffing. Season with salt and pepper. Finish by topping with shredded Cheddar cheese.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Microgreens Pesto – A Versatile Sauce
- Citrus – Valencia Oranges
- Cheddar Beet Risotto – Sweet and Creamy
- Cock-a-Leekie Soup – Made with Plenty of Leeks
- Maple Avocado Pie – No-Bake and Loaded with Vitamins
- Easy to Make – Scrumptious Laden Sweet Potato Nachos
- Grilled Baby Potatoes and Fennel – Healthy Side Dish
- Creamy Keto Braised Celery – Triple It For the Holidays
- Avocado Pancakes – A Healthy Way to Start Your Day
- Roasted Veggie Shrimp Salad
- Smashed Baby Potatoes – Perfect For Small Potatoes
- Green Pepper Hot Sauce – Instant and Homemade
- Preserved Lemons – Use Up All Those Lemons
- Swiss Chard with Onions and Vinegar
- Sausage and Pepper Hash – An Easy Sheet Pan Dinner
- Un Stuffed Cabbage Casserole in the Pressure Cooker
- Mixed Greens Tart – Fiber, Iron, and Antioxidants
- Chicken Burrito Bowl – A Staple for The Family
- Sauteed Rosemary Beets – Easy Way to Prepare a Superfood
- Garlic Kale Soup – Use All That Wonderful Spring Produce
- Colcannon – Side Dish of Irish Potatoes and Kale
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series.