This Sweet Potato Stuffed with Avocado recipe is very simple and is an excellent blend of cool, spicy and sweet.
Sweet Potato with Avocado Ingredients:
- 4 (8-ounce) Sweet Potatoes
- 2 green onions, sliced
- medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- avocados – peeled, pitted, and mashed
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, bake your Sweet Potatoes for 40 minutes until tender (not too long!), turning occasionally. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the red pepper, avocado, cilantro, Olive Oil, lime juice, green onions, and cumin.
- Using your best lengthwise cut, halve the Sweet Potatoes (careful not to burn your fingers). Fluff the centers with a fork. Top with the avocado stuffing. Season with salt and pepper. Finish by topping with shredded Cheddar cheese.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in these recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.