This cheddar beet risotto dish is sweet and creamy. It uses the entire beet and is a nice pink color.
The beet is the taproot portion of a beet plant, and also known as the garden beet, table beet, golden beet, or red beet. The Beet is one of several cultivated varieties of Beta vulgaris (i.e., Swiss Chard) grown for their edible roots and leaves (called beet greens).
Cheddar Beet Risotto Ingredients:
- 1 beet, peeled and quartered 2 cups loosely packed beet greens, stems trimmed
- 1 cups of water
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 8 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste grated Parmesan cheese
- Put beets and greens in your blender or food processor and pulse to a fine chop.
- Mix the water and broth and bring to a simmer in a pot over medium heat.
- Heat olive oil in your favorite saucepan over medium/high heat.
- Cook the onion in the oil until translucent, maybe 3 minutes.
- Blend in the rice, stirring for another 2 minutes.
- Fold in the beets and beet greens mixture, cooking for yet one more minute.
- Slowly pour in the broth mixture, 1 cup at a time, stirring the liquid before adding each batch. Stir continually.
- Now reduce your heat to medium and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Stir in Cheddar cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- As you stir, the mixture will thicken. Stir until creamy and thick.
- Top Parmesan cheese.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Strawberry Grapefruit Granita – A Light and Refreshing Treat
- Berry Minty Juice – A Refreshing Bolt of Nutrition
- Creamy Keto Braised Celery – Triple It For the Holidays
- 12 Tips to Make Incredible Green Salads
- Arugula Pomegranate Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette
- Red Onion Jam – For Sandwiches, Burgers & Hot Dogs
- Arugula Strawberry Salad – With Salmon
- A Great Alternative to Fettuccine Alfredo Sauce
- Grilled Eggplant Roulades – A Fun Way To Serve Eggplant
- Benefits of Beets – Elevated to Superfood Status
- Beet Noodles and Greens – High in Fiber, Vitamins & Minerals
- Grilled Lemon-Herb Chicken Salad – Best Flavors of Spring
- Garlic Kale Soup – Use All That Wonderful Spring Produce
- Collard Greens for The Rest of Us
- Green Goddess Dressing – Boost Your Immune System
- Basil Chimichurri – An Amazing Sauce in 5 Minutes
- BBQ Chicken Burgers with Keto Kohlrabi Coleslaw
- Stuffed Squash with Quinoa and Sausage – Nutritionally Packed
- Ginger Pear Butternut Squash Soup – A Twist On Traditional
- Apple Beet Juice – Your Body Will Thank You
- Zutano Avocado – A Rare Tasty Delight
- Organic Apple Fennel Chutney – Sweetness of Apples and Honey
- Microgreens Pesto – A Versatile Sauce
- Avgolemono – Nutritious Chicken and Rice Soup