This easy honeyed apple fennel chutney combines the sweetness of apples and honey and the tang of vinegar with some onions and fennel to make a wonderful side dish for curry, chicken or pork. While this dish is great fresh, its even better after the flavors have had a chance to develop for a few hours (or days).
Apple Fennel Chutney Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 cups organic fennel bulb (white part only without the hardcore, chopped)
- 1 medium organic onion (about 1 cup chopped)
- 3 cups organic apple (peeled, cored and chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup Harvest2U local honey
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Starting with your favorite skillet, heat one tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Saute chopped fennel for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped onions and cook until onions begin to turn translucent about 5 minutes.
- Toss in your chopped apple and fennel seeds, cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add vinegar, honey, and sugar. Finally, cook until apples are very soft and liquid has thickened to a light syrup.
- When finished, serve immediately or allow flavors to blend overnight (or longer) in the refrigerator.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in these recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other great recipes
- Grilled Summer Squash and Quinoa – Source Of Fiber
- Dairy Free Cucumber Salad – Hungarian Uborkasalata
- Lemons – Use Up All Those Lemons
- Fruits and Vegetables and Local Products
- Colcannon – Irish Potatoes and Kale
- Carrot Puff Casserole – Great For Brunch Or A Side Dish For Lunch Or Dinner
- Grilled Lemongrass Shrimp Skewers – A Herbal Lemony Taste
- Spring Garlic Kale Soup – Use All That Wonderful Spring Produce
- Beet Noodles and Greens – High in Fiber, Vitamins & Minerals
- Strawberry Grapefruit Granita – A Light and Refreshing Treat
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series.