Ginger Pear Butternut Squash Soup gives a slightly sweet and spicy twist to traditional butternut squash soup.
The beautiful yellow color of butternut squash is due to the beta carotene, which gives this soup a potent dose of antioxidants. Ginger is also an antioxidant as well as containing anti-inflammatory properties. The pears add a little sweetness and lots of fiber to help fill you up. Combine them all together, and you have an amazingly flavorful soup that is truly good for you.
Ginger Pear Butternut Squash Soup Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1-inch piece of ginger cut into pieces
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large pears, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-quart chicken or vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot or pressure cooker, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until onion is translucent 2-3 minutes.
- Add squash, pears, and broth.
- Cook until squash and pears are tender. Pressure cooker: 5 minutes on high pressure with a quick release. Stovetop: 15-20 minutes.
- Puree in the pot with an immersion blender, or in batches in a blender or food processor.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Cranberry Apple Juice – No Spray Here
- Apple, Carrot, Beet, and Swiss Chard Juice – Nutrient Loading
- Rough Lemon – A Rare and Unique Citrus
- Arugula Pomegranate Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette
- Foil Packet Garlic Herb Chicken with Seasonal Vegetables
- Butternut Squash Appetizers – Excellent Source of Fiber
- Asian Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry – Simple and Healthy
- Un Stuffed Cabbage Casserole in the Pressure Cooker
- Sausage and Pepper Hash – An Easy Sheet Pan Dinner
- Beef and Vegetable Soup – Plus Greens For Extra Nutrition
- Grilled Eggplant Roulades – A Fun Way To Serve Eggplant
- Low Carb Chicken Noodle Soup – Easy and Nutrient-Dense
- Grilled Lemon Herb Chicken Salad – Best Flavors of Spring
- 4 Major Health Benefits of Apples – Nutritional Powerhouses
- Grilled Baby Potatoes and Fennel – Healthy Side Dish
- Edible Flowers – Not Just a Modern Food Trend
- Ratatouille – Combination of Organic Summer Produce
- Easy No-Fuss Gazpacho – The Perfect Summer Soup
- Apple and Quinoa Stuffed Squash – Use Your Favorite Squash