Ginger Pear Butternut Squash Soup gives a slightly sweet and spicy twist to traditional butternut squash soup.
The beautiful yellow color of butternut squash is due to the beta carotene, which gives this soup a potent dose of antioxidants. Ginger is also an antioxidant as well as containing anti-inflammatory properties. The pears add a little sweetness and lots of fiber to help fill you up. Combine them all together, and you have an amazingly flavorful soup that is truly good for you.
Ginger Pear Butternut Squash Soup Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1-inch piece of ginger cut into pieces
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large pears, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-quart chicken or vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot or pressure cooker, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until onion is translucent 2-3 minutes.
- Add squash, pears, and broth.
- Cook until squash and pears are tender. Pressure cooker: 5 minutes on high pressure with a quick release. Stovetop: 15-20 minutes.
- Puree in the pot with an immersion blender, or in batches in a blender or food processor.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in these recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
Chef Audrey Humaciu created this recipe for Harvest2U.
Audrey is the Editor in Chef at That Recipe and VP of Creativity and Sarcasm at Munofore. When she’s not blogging about her eclectic interests from cooking and crafting to ornamental horticulture and the idiosyncrasies of the American language, she’s just your typical 40 something mom livin’ the life in the California burbs… without the minivan and overpriced coffee.
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series.