Gazpacho is the perfect summer soup, using fresh seasonal ingredients with no cooking required. Some recipes blanch the peel off the tomato and others puree each vegetable individually. Neither step is necessary, in my opinion.
Traditionally it is served with croutons or toast points (cut bread into triangles, butter, and toast).
No-Fuss Gazpacho Ingredients
- 24 ounces tomato juice
2 large tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 small onion (sweet onion or red onions are particularly good)
- cucumber1 green bell pepper
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper (or chipotle if you want a smokey flavor)
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pepper sauce, salt, and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs such as cilantro or basil for garnish
- Remove blossom end of tomato and zucchini.
- Peel and seed the cucumber.
- Seed the bell pepper.
- Finely chop about 1/4 of each of the vegetables and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine remaining vegetables with 1 cup tomato juice and red peppers. Pulse until vegetables are mostly chopped. Leave it a little chunky.
- In a large bowl, combine pureed vegetables, reserved chopped vegetables, remaining tomato juice, vinegar, oil, and paprika.
- Chill for at least one hour. Add pepper sauce, salt and, pepper to taste.
- Serve with croutons and chopped herbs.
- Carrot Tomato Celery Juice
- Mock Bloody Mary Juice for Your Annual Brunch
- Apple, Carrot, Beet, and Swiss Chard Juice – Nutrient Loading
- Keto Kohlrabi Coleslaw – A Low-Carb Alternative
- Waldorf Chicken Salad-Serve It As a Sandwich or Wrap
- Ginger Pear Butternut Squash Soup – A Twist On Traditional
- Grilled Baby Potatoes and Fennel – Healthy Side DishApple and Quinoa Stuffed Squash – Use Your Favorite Squash
- Apple and Quinoa Stuffed Squash – Use Your Favorite Squash
- Broccoli Carrot Salad – Loaded with Fiber and Antioxidants
- Stuffed Squash with Quinoa and Sausage – Nutritionally Packed
- Orange Cranberry Salad – With Tea-Infused Dressing
- Fire Cider or Four Thieves Cider – Keep Your Family Healthy
- Mixed Greens Tart – Fiber, Iron, and Antioxidants
- Pickled Beet Relish – Perfect for Sandwiches or Burgers
- Microgreens and Tuna Salad – Nutrient Rich
- Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies – Gluten Free
- Peach and Arugula Salad – Perfect For Summer
- Smashed Baby Potatoes – Perfect For Small Potatoes
- Green Goddess Dressing – Boost Your Immune System