This Microgreens and Tuna Salad is topped with an easy homemade Lemon Thyme Dressing for a delicious meal when you don’t feel like heating the house.
Microgreens are seedlings that are harvested once they get their first true leaves, about 2-3 weeks. Many microgreens have more vitamins and minerals than their mature plant counterpart. They taste like a milder version of the adult plant.
Instead of adding microgreens to lettuce or other greens, this salad features them as one of the main ingredients. I used kohlrabi greens but use your favorite variety. Carrots and radishes add some bright colors (and antioxidants as well). The tuna and walnuts add protein and healthy Omega-3 fatty acids.
Microgreens and Tuna Salad Ingredients
Lemon Thyme Dressing
- 1-2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon white wine or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
The Microgreens Salad
- 4-6 cups microgreens
- 6 ounces tuna (canned or fresh cooked)
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- Zest one lemon and juice the lemons.
- Add to a 1 cup jar with the rest of the dressing ingredients. Close the lid and shake until blended.
- Place salad ingredients into a salad bowl. Add 1/2 of the dressing and toss.
- Add as much of the remaining dressing as desired.
- For a pretty Microgreens and Tuna Salad presentation: place microgreens in a single layer on a large plate, sprinkle carrots in a circle around the edge, spread the radish slices in a circle inside the carrot circle, add the tuna to the center, sprinkle the nuts and raisins on top and drizzle with dressing.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- 15 Radish Recipes to Break Out of the Salad Rut
- Apple Radish Fennel Salad
- Chicken Tinola – Filipino Chicken Moringa Soup
- Bell Peppers – Long List of Health Benefits
- Apple Fennel Chutney – Honeyed
- Broccoli Beef – Simple and Ready in 30 Minutes
- Low Carb Carrot Balls – Sweet or Spicy
- Apple Jujube Crisp – Perfect For The Fall Season
- Preserved Lemons – Use Up All Those Lemons
- Whole Grain Avocado Pancakes – Healthy Way to Start Your Day
- Creamy Keto Braised Celery – Triple It For the Holidays
- Easy No-Fuss Gazpacho – The Perfect Summer Soup
- Pear Cucumber Juice – Simple and Nutritious
- No Sugar Added Orange Marmalade with Wine
- Grilled Eggplant Roulades – A Fun Way To Serve Eggplant
- Spinach Watercress Juice – A Blood Cleanser
- Broccoli Carrot Salad – Loaded with Fiber and Antioxidants
- Butternut Squash Apple Casserole – Excellent Side Dish
- Peach and Arugula Salad – Perfect For Summer
- 12 Tips to Make Incredible Green Salads
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series.