Microgreens and Tuna Salad – Nutrient Rich
This Microgreens and Tuna Salad is topped with an easy homemade Lemon Thyme Dressing for a delicious meal when you don’t feel like heating the house.
Microgreens are seedlings that are harvested once they get their first true leaves, about 2-3 weeks. Many microgreens have more vitamins and minerals than their mature plant counterpart. They taste like a milder version of the adult plant.
Instead of adding microgreens to lettuce or other greens, this salad features them as one of the main ingredients. I used kohlrabi greens but use your favorite variety. Carrots and radishes add some bright colors (and antioxidants as well). The tuna and walnuts add protein and healthy Omega-3 fatty acids.
Microgreens and Tuna Salad Ingredients
Lemon Thyme Dressing
- 1-2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon white wine or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
The Microgreens Salad
- 4-6 cups microgreens
- 6 ounces tuna (canned or fresh cooked)
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- Zest one lemon and juice the lemons.
- Add to a 1 cup jar with the rest of the dressing ingredients. Close the lid and shake until blended.
- Place salad ingredients into a salad bowl. Add 1/2 of the dressing and toss.
- Add as much of the remaining dressing as desired.
- For a pretty Microgreens and Tuna Salad presentation: place microgreens in a single layer on a large plate, sprinkle carrots in a circle around the edge, spread the radish slices in a circle inside the carrot circle, add the tuna to the center, sprinkle the nuts and raisins on top and drizzle with dressing.
- 15 Radish Recipes to Break Out of the Salad Rut
- Apple Radish Fennel Salad
- Chicken Tinola – Filipino Chicken Moringa Soup
- Bell Peppers – Long List of Health Benefits
- Apple Fennel Chutney – Honeyed
- Broccoli Beef – Simple and Ready in 30 Minutes
- Low Carb Carrot Balls – Sweet or Spicy
- Apple Jujube Crisp – Perfect For The Fall Season
- Preserved Lemons – Use Up All Those Lemons
- Whole Grain Avocado Pancakes – Healthy Way to Start Your Day
- Creamy Keto Braised Celery – Triple It For the Holidays
- Easy No-Fuss Gazpacho – The Perfect Summer Soup
- Pear Cucumber Juice – Simple and Nutritious
- No Sugar Added Orange Marmalade with Wine
- Grilled Eggplant Roulades – A Fun Way To Serve Eggplant
- Spinach Watercress Juice – A Blood Cleanser
- Broccoli Carrot Salad – Loaded with Fiber and Antioxidants
- Butternut Squash Apple Casserole – Excellent Side Dish
- Peach and Arugula Salad – Perfect For Summer
- 12 Tips to Make Incredible Green Salads
Leave a Comment