Raw Broccoli Carrot Salad is full of crunch, color, and flavor. This salad is loaded with fiber and antioxidants: vitamin A from the carrots, vitamin C from the broccoli, and vitamin E from the walnuts. Plus fiber, potassium, vitamin K and host of other nutrients in these raw ingredients.
If your broccoli stems are a bit tough, peel them a little before slicing very thin using a mandoline or food processor.
Broccoli Carrot Salad Ingredients
- 1 pound broccoli
- 2 large carrots
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins, dried cranberries or cherries
- Blueberry Vinaigrette or Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- Cut florets off of broccoli stems into bite-sized pieces.
- Peel lower broccoli stems (if needed) and slice thinly with a mandoline or food processor. Be sure to add any leaves as well.
- Grate carrots, chop onions, and nuts.
- Combine all ingredients and add the dressing.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Smashed Baby Potatoes – Perfect For Small Potatoes
- Sauteed Rosemary Beets – Easy Way to Prepare a Superfood
- Carrot Leaf Tea – A Perfect Way to Use the Green Tops
- Keep Hydrated with These 8 Summer Produce Superstars
- Orange Cranberry Salad – With Tea-Infused Dressing
- Kohlrabi – A Nutrient Powerhouse
- Arugula Pomegranate Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette
- Stock and Soup – Tastes Better When You Make Your Own
- Bell Peppers – Long List of Health Benefits
- Peach and Arugula Salad – Perfect For Summer
- 12 Tips to Make Incredible Green Salads
- Shredded Carrot Salad – A Twist On The Traditional
- Grilled Baby Potatoes and Fennel – Healthy Side Dish
- Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies – Gluten Free
- 5 Lessons Research Teaches us about Preparing Tomatoes
- 8 Fig Recipes You’ll Find Nutritious and Tasty
- Serve Microgreens in Tasty Ways – Packed with Nutrients
- Honey Glazed Carrots – Loaded with Antioxidants
- Maple Avocado Pie – No-Bake and Loaded with Vitamins
- Dehydrating Herbs for Year-Round Flavor