Raw Broccoli Carrot Salad is full of crunch, color, and flavor. This salad is loaded with fiber and antioxidants: vitamin A from the carrots, vitamin C from the broccoli, and vitamin E from the walnuts. Plus fiber, potassium, vitamin K and host of other nutrients in these raw ingredients.
If your broccoli stems are a bit tough, peel them a little before slicing very thin using a mandoline or food processor.
Broccoli Carrot Salad Ingredients
- 1 pound broccoli
- 2 large carrots
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins, dried cranberries or cherries
- Blueberry Vinaigrette or Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- Cut florets off of broccoli stems into bite-sized pieces.
- Peel lower broccoli stems (if needed) and slice thinly with a mandoline or food processor. Be sure to add any leaves as well.
- Grate carrots, chop onions, and nuts.
- Combine all ingredients and add the dressing.
- Smashed Baby Potatoes – Perfect For Small Potatoes
- Sauteed Rosemary Beets – Easy Way to Prepare a Superfood
- Carrot Leaf Tea – A Perfect Way to Use the Green Tops
- Keep Hydrated with These 8 Summer Produce Superstars
- Orange Cranberry Salad – With Tea-Infused Dressing
- Kohlrabi – A Nutrient Powerhouse
- Arugula Pomegranate Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette
- Stock and Soup – Tastes Better When You Make Your Own
- Bell Peppers – Long List of Health Benefits
- Peach and Arugula Salad – Perfect For Summer
- 12 Tips to Make Incredible Green Salads
- Shredded Carrot Salad – A Twist On The Traditional
- Grilled Baby Potatoes and Fennel – Healthy Side Dish
- Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies – Gluten Free
- 5 Lessons Research Teaches us about Preparing Tomatoes
- 8 Fig Recipes You’ll Find Nutritious and Tasty
- Serve Microgreens in Tasty Ways – Packed with Nutrients
- Honey Glazed Carrots – Loaded with Antioxidants
- Maple Avocado Pie – No-Bake and Loaded with Vitamins
- Dehydrating Herbs for Year-Round Flavor