Raw Broccoli Carrot Salad is full of crunch, color, and flavor. This salad is loaded with fiber and antioxidants: vitamin A from the carrots, vitamin C from the broccoli, and vitamin E from the walnuts. Plus fiber, potassium, vitamin K and host of other nutrients in these raw ingredients.
If your broccoli stems are a bit tough, peel them a little before slicing very thin using a mandoline or food processor.
Broccoli Carrot Salad Ingredients
- 1 pound broccoli
- 2 large carrots
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins, dried cranberries or cherries
- Blueberry Vinaigrette or Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- Cut florets off of broccoli stems into bite-sized pieces.
- Peel lower broccoli stems (if needed) and slice thinly with a mandoline or food processor. Be sure to add any leaves as well.
- Grate carrots, chop onions and nuts.
- Combine all ingredients and add the dressing.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in these recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
Audrey Humaciu created this recipe for Harvest2U
Audrey is the Editor in Chef at That Recipe and VP of Creativity and Sarcasm at Munofore. When she’s not blogging about her eclectic interests from cooking and crafting to ornamental horticulture and the idiosyncrasies of the American language, she’s just your typical 40 something mom livin’ the life in the California burbs… without the minivan and overpriced coffee.
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series. Recipe Videos