This Honey Glazed Carrots recipe is loaded with health-promoting antioxidants, particularly beta-carotene. Plus carrots have a nice dose of soluble fiber and carotenoids making them an excellent choice for any meal.
I jokingly refer to these as “hide the evidence” carrots. On Easter Saturday night and Christmas Eve, after my son has gone to sleep, I peel and cut the carrots the Easter Bunny or reindeer didn’t finish 😉 and store in a ziplock bag in the back of the fridge until cooking time.
If you are cooking them for a weekday, you can cook them in the microwave or on the stovetop, but for holidays I like them in the slow cooker. I get them ready to go in the morning, and it is one less pot on the stove or in the oven and one less thing to think about in that last-minute rush before mealtime.
Honey Glazed Carrots Ingredients
- 3-4 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped
- Add the carrots, olive oil, and honey in a slow cooker and cook for 3-4 hours on low or 2-3 hours on high.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs and serve.
- Waldorf Chicken Salad-Serve It As a Sandwich or Wrap
- Microgreens and Tuna Salad – Nutrient Rich
- Black Beans Kale Tomatoes
- Tomato Herb Skillet Bread – Easy Upside Down Bread
- Kohlrabi – A Nutrient Powerhouse
- Stock and Soup – Tastes Better When You Make Your Own
- Asian Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry – Simple and Healthy
- Broccoli Beef – Simple and Ready in 30 Minutes
- Kohlrabi Apple Slaw Simple and Healthy
- Grilled Baby Potatoes and Fennel – Healthy Side Dish
- Beet Hummus – High In Nutrition, Fiber, and Protein
- Natural Spa Treatments – Using 8 Harvest2U Box Ingredients
- Zutano Avocado – A Rare Tasty Delight
- Apple, Carrot, Beet, and Swiss Chard Juice – Nutrient Loading
- Roasted Carrot Marinara – Loaded With Beta-Carotene
- Basil Chimichurri – An Amazing Sauce in 5 Minutes
- Creamy Keto Braised Celery – Triple It For the Holidays
- Carrot and Microgreens Juice – Without a Juicer
- Black Beans Kale – The Perfect Pairing
- Sausage and Pepper Hash – An Easy Sheet Pan Dinner