This Roasted Carrot Marinara is a twist on traditional tomato-based pasta sauce and great use of Harvest2U’s organic carrots. Perfect for those that don’t like tomatoes (like my 10-year-old!). If you make it a little thicker, it also makes a tasty dip for vegetables, crackers or chips.
Roasting the carrots, onions, and garlic makes them sweeter, but this is still a savory sauce. And it is loaded with beta-carotene which helps with heart health, vision, and cancer prevention. GO carrots!
Roasted Carrot Marinara Ingredients
- 1 pound carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh herbs (such as parsley, basil, oregano, etc.)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth (approximately)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat onion to 400 degrees.
- Peel then chop the carrots into large pieces.
- Peel and cut the onions into 6-8 large wedges.
- Combine carrots, onions, garlic, and olive oil in a bowl.
- Spread vegetables on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until vegetables are tender and starting to brown.
- Combine roasted vegetables, herbs, and pepper flakes in a food processor. Pulse until chopped. With the food processor running, thin with about 1/2 cup of broth. Let the processor run 2-3 minutes. Scrape down sides and add additional broth to thin to desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over your favorite pasta.
- Microgreens and Tuna Salad – Nutrient Rich
- Arugula Pomegranate Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette
- Asian Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry – Simple and Healthy
- Vegetables for Breakfast – A Healthy Start
- Roasted Butternut Squash Gnocchi – Homemade Pasta
- Sweet Potato Stuffed with Avocado
- Broccoli Potato Soup
- Grilled Lemon Herb Chicken Salad – Best Flavors of Spring
- Ginger Pear Butternut Squash Soup – A Twist On Traditional
- Chicory and Beans (Cicoria e Fagioli) – A Full Meal