This simple Lemon Oregano Kebabs marinade imparts a delicious flavor to pork or chicken. Fresh oregano is loaded with antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds. It is used extensively in Mediterranean cuisine. We are giving it a Greek flare with the addition of heart-healthy garlic and olive oil as well as some antioxidant boosting lemon.
Greek Lemon Oregano Kebabs Ingredients
- 1 – 1.5 pounds boneless pork or chicken
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Cut the pork or chicken into 1-inch cubes.
- Zest and juice the lemon.
- Using a blender or food processor combine lemon zest and juice, oregano, garlic and olive oil until smooth.
- Pour over meat cubes and let marinate for 1 -4 hours.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water at least 10-15 minutes before cooking.
- Put the meat on the skewers (it cooks faster and more evenly if you don’t overcrowd them).
- Grill or broil until cooked thoroughly.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in these recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest boxes for these recipes.
The chef Audrey Humaciu created this recipe for Harvest2U.
Audrey is the Editor in Chef at That Recipe and VP of Creativity and Sarcasm at Munofore. When she’s not blogging about her eclectic interests from cooking and crafting to ornamental horticulture and the idiosyncrasies of the American language, she’s just your typical 40 something mom livin’ the life in the California burbs… without the minivan and overpriced coffee.
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series. Recipe Videos