This simple Lemon Oregano Kebabs marinade imparts a delicious flavor to pork or chicken. Fresh oregano is loaded with antibacterial, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory compounds. It is used extensively in Mediterranean cuisine. We are giving it a Greek flare with the addition of heart-healthy garlic and olive oil as well as some antioxidant boosting lemon.
Greek Lemon Oregano Kebabs Ingredients
- 1 – 1.5 pounds boneless pork or chicken
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Cut the pork or chicken into 1-inch cubes.
- Zest and juice the lemon.
- Using a blender or food processor combine lemon zest and juice, oregano, garlic, and olive oil until smooth.
- Pour over meat cubes and let marinate for 1 -4 hours.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water at least 10-15 minutes before cooking.
- Put the meat on the skewers (it cooks faster and more evenly if you don’t overcrowd them).
- Grill or broil until cooked thoroughly.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Un Stuffed Cabbage Casserole in the Pressure Cooker
- Microgreens and Tuna Salad – Nutrient Rich
- Citrus Fruits – 6 Healthy Reasons to Eat Besides Vitamin C
- Chimichurri – Like You’ve Never Had!
- Beet Hummus – High In Nutrition, Fiber, and Protein
- Garlic Kale Soup – Use All That Wonderful Spring Produce
- Blueberry Vinaigrette Salad Dressing – Fresh and Healthy
- Sauteed Rosemary Beets – An Easy Way to Prepare a Superfood
- Cheddar Beet Risotto – Sweet and Creamy
- Chop and Drop – A Busy Person’s Best Friend
- Review – Farmer’s Choice – Chelsea
- Foil Packet Garlic Herb Chicken with Seasonal Vegetables
- Creamy Keto Braised Celery – Triple It For the Holidays
- Review – Farmer’s Choice – Elizabeth G
- Carrot Kohlrabi Soup – Perfect for Cold Winter Nights
- Grilled Lemongrass Shrimp Skewers – A Herbal Lemony Taste
- Microgreens Pesto – A Versatile Sauce
- Roasted Carrot Marinara – Loaded With Beta-Carotene