Foil Packet Garlic Herb Chicken is a quick healthy meal with minimal cleanup. Yeah! Perfect for hot summer nights when you don’t want a heavy meal or to heat up the kitchen.
Foil packets are wonderfully versatile. Mix it up with whatever organic vegetables are in season to get the best flavors and highest nutritional value.
This version of Garlic Herb Chicken has an Italian flair with a medley of zucchini, fennel, and onions paired with garlic and a mix of herbs such as rosemary and oregano. All of the vegetables are low in calories but contain plenty of fiber to help you feel full and contain significant amounts of antioxidants like vitamin C to help prevent cell-damaging oxidative stress.
Garlic Herb Chicken Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, oregano, parsley, basil, etc.)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 bulb fennel, cored and cut into slices
- 1 onion, cut into slices
- 4-6 medium zucchini or other summer squash, cut into medium chunks
- 4 pieces of aluminum foil (at least twice as long as the chicken pieces)
- In a small bowl, combine herbs, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place one piece of chicken in the middle of a piece of foil.
- Spread 1/4 of the herb mixture on top. Add 1/4 of the zucchini, fennel, and onions.
- Match the two shorter ends above the ingredients and roll it down. Roll on both sides.
- Grill over medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of your chicken.
- Open carefully to avoid a face full of steam.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Apple Fennel Chutney – Sweetness of Apples and Honey
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli – A Simple Side Dish
- Gluten-Free Lemon Zucchini Bread – High Nutritional Value
- Ginger Pear Butternut Squash Soup – A Twist On Traditional
- Microgreens Pesto – A Versatile Sauce
- Roasted Butternut Squash Gnocchi – Homemade Pasta
- Easy No-Fuss Gazpacho – The Perfect Summer Soup
- Stuffed Squash with Quinoa and Sausage – Nutritionally Packed
- Squash – Zucchini
- Chop and Drop – A Busy Person’s Best Friend
- Sausage and Pepper Hash – An Easy Sheet Pan Dinner
- Chicory and Beans (Cicoria e Fagioli) – A Full Meal
- Grilled Lemon-Herb Chicken Salad – Best Flavors of Spring
- Add Winter Squash to Your Meals For A Health Boost
- Maple Avocado Pie – No-Bake and Loaded with Vitamins
- Does Buying High-Quality Produce Actually Save Money?
- Smashed Baby Potatoes – Perfect For Small Potatoes
- Cock-a-Leekie Soup – Made with Plenty of Leeks