Gluten Free Lemon Zucchini Bread – High Nutritional Value
Zucchini Bread made with Zucchini, and other summer squashes are great in baked goods because you get the added nutrition, but you don’t have an overpowering taste. I love to make this with yellow summer squash because it adds a nice (all-natural) yellow hue to the bread. Zucchini will work too, but your bread will have little tell-tale flecks of green.
You can use all-purpose flour instead of the gluten-free mix if you wish, but put the loaf pan on a baking sheet since it might overflow a regular 9×5 inch loaf pan. Gluten-Free flours will not rise quite as much as traditional wheat flour, which is perfect in this case.
Gluten Free Lemon Zucchini Bread Ingredients
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (or 1/2 cup applesauce or 1/4 cup EACH applesauce and oil)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free baking mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cup shredded zucchini
- zest of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9 x 5 “ loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together sugar and eggs until blended.
- Add vanilla and oil and beat until smooth.
- In a medium bowl whisk together baking mix, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add to the egg mixture, beat until smooth.
- Add zucchini, lemon zest, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- In a loaf pan pour the batter and bake at 350F on a middle rack until a toothpick comes out clean (poke in the center), approximately 50 minutes.
- Let the loaf cool completely.
- Combine glaze ingredients and spread over the loaf letting it drizzle down the sides.
- Citrus Fruits – 6 Healthy Reasons to Eat Besides Vitamin C
- Broccoli Beef – Simple and Ready in 30 Minutes
- Maple Persimmon Muffins – No Sugar Added Muffins
- Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies – Gluten Free
- Apple Fennel Chutney – Honeyed
- Carrot Puff Casserole – Great for Brunch Or A Side Dish For Lunch Or Dinner
- Roasted Beet and Pecan Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- Carrot Balls – Low Carb Sweet or Spicy
- Microgreens and Tuna Salad – Nutrient Rich
- Microgreens Pesto – A Versatile Sauce
Where do I buy Gluten-free baking mix, please? I live in the Temecula area…..
Here’s a great place – Artisans Palate http://www.artisanspalate.com/
This was DELICIOUS! I used shredded yellow squash and it turned out perfect. I didn’t even need to make the glaze. My family gobbled it up before I even had the chance! Will definitely make again! Thank you!
Wonderful. Thank you! Right now we have spring baby “summer squash” in our boxes so we’ll spread the word.