Zucchini Bread made with Zucchini, and other summer squashes are great in baked goods because you get the added nutrition, but you don’t have an overpowering taste. I love to make this with yellow summer squash because it adds a nice (all-natural) yellow hue to the bread. Zucchini will work too, but your bread will have little tell-tale flecks of green.
You can use all-purpose flour instead of the gluten-free mix if you wish, but put the loaf pan on a baking sheet since it might overflow a regular 9×5 inch loaf pan. Gluten-Free flours will not rise quite as much as traditional wheat flour, which is perfect in this case.
Gluten Free Lemon Zucchini Bread Ingredients
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (or 1/2 cup applesauce or 1/4 cup EACH applesauce and oil)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free baking mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cup shredded zucchini
- zest of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9 x 5 “ loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together sugar and eggs until blended.
- Add vanilla and oil and beat until smooth.
- In a medium bowl whisk together baking mix, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add to the egg mixture, beat until smooth.
- Add zucchini, lemon zest, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- In a loaf pan pour the batter and bake at 350F on a middle rack until a toothpick comes out clean (poke in the center), approximately 50 minutes.
- Let the loaf cool completely.
- Combine glaze ingredients and spread over the loaf letting it drizzle down the sides.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Citrus Fruits – 6 Healthy Reasons to Eat Besides Vitamin C
- Broccoli Beef – Simple and Ready in 30 Minutes
- Maple Persimmon Muffins – No Sugar Added Muffins
- Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies – Gluten Free
- Apple Fennel Chutney – Honeyed
- Carrot Puff Casserole – Great for Brunch Or A Side Dish For Lunch Or Dinner
- Roasted Beet and Pecan Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- Carrot Balls – Low Carb Sweet or Spicy
- Microgreens and Tuna Salad – Nutrient Rich
- Microgreens Pesto – A Versatile Sauce
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series.