Microgreens Pesto is a versatile sauce. We like to put it on pasta, but you can use it as a condiment, a salad dressing, on pizza, on pasta, on sandwiches, and side dishes.
Microgreens Pesto Ingredients
- 2 cups Microgreens (your choice)
- 2 cups Fresh Kale, Chopped (no stems)
- 1/4 cup Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds) unsalted
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-2 Tablespoons Red or White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Pulse pepitas in a food processor or blender until finely ground. Set aside
- Place Kale, Microgreens, Garlic, Lemon Juice, Vinaigrette, Salt and ½ cup olive oil in blender or food processor. Process till it begins to grind greens up
- Drizzling remaining olive oil in as processing.
May need to stop and stir with a spatula to process fully. The mixture should be blended but not pureed smooth.
- When Processed to desired consistency, pour into mixing bowl.
- Stir in Pepitas and Parmesan cheese. Taste pesto. Can add 1-2 tablespoons more vinaigrette if desired.
- Store in refrigerator. The flavor of the Microgreens Pesto will intensify after 24 hours.
- Ginger Pear Butternut Squash Soup – A Twist On Traditional
- Rosemary Fermented Carrots – Helps Overall Health
- Garlic Roasted Carrots and Green Beans – Healthy Side DishCheddar Beet Risotto – Sweet and Creamy
- Benefits of Beets – Elevated to Superfood Status
- Grapefruit Sorbet – A Refreshing Creamy Frozen Treat
- Gluten-Free Lemon Zucchini Bread – High Nutritional Value
- Cheesy Kale Cups
- Low Carb Carrot Balls – Sweet or Spicy
- Maple Persimmon Muffins – No Sugar Added Muffins
- Hasselback Turnips – Less Carbs and Calories Than Potatoes
- Beet Noodles and Greens – High in Fiber, Vitamins & Minerals
- Spicy Grapefruit Herb Marinade – A Tasty Alternative
- Beet Fennel Salad – The Perfect Combination
- Keto Kohlrabi Coleslaw – A Low-Carb Alternative
- Apple Radish Fennel Salad – Greens Optional
- Spring Garlic Aioli – Homemade Healthy Mayonnaise
- Asian Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry – Simple and Healthy
- Lemony Kale and Quinoa – A Flavor-Packed Dish
- Carrot and Microgreens Juice – Without a Juicer