Microgreens Pesto is a versatile sauce. We like to put it on pasta, but you can use it as a condiment, a salad dressing, on pizza, on pasta, on sandwiches, and side dishes.
Microgreens Pesto Ingredients
- 2 cups Microgreens (your choice)
- 2 cups Fresh Kale, Chopped (no stems)
- 1/4 cup Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds) unsalted
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-2 Tablespoons Red or White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Pulse pepitas in a food processor or blender until finely ground. Set aside
- Place Kale, Microgreens, Garlic, Lemon Juice, Vinaigrette, Salt and ½ cup olive oil in blender or food processor. Process till it begins to grind greens up
- Drizzling remaining olive oil in as processing.
May need to stop and stir with a spatula to process fully. The mixture should be blended but not pureed smooth.
- When Processed to desired consistency, pour into mixing bowl.
- Stir in Pepitas and Parmesan cheese. Taste pesto. Can add 1-2 tablespoons more vinaigrette if desired.
- Store in refrigerator. The flavor of the Microgreens Pesto will intensify after 24 hours.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Ginger Pear Butternut Squash Soup – A Twist On Traditional
- Rosemary Fermented Carrots – Helps Overall Health
- Garlic Roasted Carrots and Green Beans – Healthy Side DishCheddar Beet Risotto – Sweet and Creamy
- Benefits of Beets – Elevated to Superfood Status
- Grapefruit Sorbet – A Refreshing Creamy Frozen Treat
- Gluten-Free Lemon Zucchini Bread – High Nutritional Value
- Cheesy Kale Cups
- Low Carb Carrot Balls – Sweet or Spicy
- Maple Persimmon Muffins – No Sugar Added Muffins
- Hasselback Turnips – Less Carbs and Calories Than Potatoes
- Beet Noodles and Greens – High in Fiber, Vitamins & Minerals
- Spicy Grapefruit Herb Marinade – A Tasty Alternative
- Beet Fennel Salad – The Perfect Combination
- Keto Kohlrabi Coleslaw – A Low-Carb Alternative
- Apple Radish Fennel Salad – Greens Optional
- Spring Garlic Aioli – Homemade Healthy Mayonnaise
- Asian Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry – Simple and Healthy
- Lemony Kale and Quinoa – A Flavor-Packed Dish
- Carrot and Microgreens Juice – Without a Juicer