This Keto Kohlrabi Coleslaw is a fabulous addition to your summer meals that everyone will enjoy.
Kohlrabi was selectively bred from cabbage to have a thicker stem so it could withstand colder climates. It is high in potassium (lower blood pressure), vitamin C (a powerful antioxidant), and phytonutrients like glucosinolates, (may have anti-cancer, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic and antibacterial benefits). It only has 36 calories and 2.6 net carbs per 100 grams.
The Kohlrabi gives it a bit more crunch, which I like. But feel free to use cabbage instead.
Keto Kohlrabi Coleslaw Ingredients
- 4 cups kohlrabi or cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Shred kohlrabi and carrots.
- Thinly slice onions.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, cream, vinegar, and celery seeds. Add vegetables and stir to coat.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- Add salt and pepper to taste just before serving.
- Kohlrabi Apple Slaw Simple and Healthy
- Kick’n Vegetable Frittata – More Than a Breakfast Meal
- Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies – Gluten Free
- Smashed Baby Potatoes – Perfect For Small Potatoes
- Microgreens and Tuna Salad – Nutrient Rich
- Maple Persimmon Muffins – No Sugar Added Muffins
- Chicken Watermelon Strawberry Salad – Good for Any Meal
- Broccoli Garlic Butter Cashews – For The Broccoli Hater
- No Sugar Added Plum Sauce – A Healthier Version
- Grilled Baby Potatoes and Fennel – Healthy Side Dish
- eBook Compost Series – The Secret to Growing Your Own Organic Vegetables Using Compost
- Caldo Verde – Potato and Kale (or Favorite Greens) Soup
- Basil Chimichurri – An Amazing Sauce in 5 Minutes
- Berry Apple Juice
- Microgreens Pesto – A Versatile Sauce
- Butternut Squash Apple Casserole – Excellent Side Dish
- Arugula Pomegranate Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette
- Carrot Balls – Low Carb Sweet or Spicy
- Blueberry Vinaigrette Salad Dressing – Fresh and Healthy