This Keto Kohlrabi Coleslaw is a fabulous addition to your summer meals that everyone will enjoy.
Kohlrabi was selectively bred from cabbage to have a thicker stem so it could withstand colder climates. It is high in potassium (lower blood pressure), vitamin C (a powerful antioxidant), and phytonutrients like glucosinolates, (may have anti-cancer, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic and antibacterial benefits). It only has 36 calories and 2.6 net carbs per 100 grams.
The Kohlrabi gives it a bit more crunch, which I like. But feel free to use cabbage instead.
Keto Kohlrabi Coleslaw Ingredients
- 4 cups kohlrabi or cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Shred kohlrabi and carrots.
- Thinly slice onions.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, cream, vinegar, and celery seeds. Add vegetables and stir to coat.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- Add salt and pepper to taste just before serving.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Kohlrabi Apple Slaw Simple and Healthy
- Kick’n Vegetable Frittata – More Than a Breakfast Meal
- Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies – Gluten Free
- Smashed Baby Potatoes – Perfect For Small Potatoes
- Microgreens and Tuna Salad – Nutrient Rich
- Maple Persimmon Muffins – No Sugar Added Muffins
- Chicken Watermelon Strawberry Salad – Good for Any Meal
- Broccoli Garlic Butter Cashews – For The Broccoli Hater
- No Sugar Added Plum Sauce – A Healthier Version
- Grilled Baby Potatoes and Fennel – Healthy Side Dish
- eBook Compost Series – The Secret to Growing Your Own Organic Vegetables Using Compost
- Caldo Verde – Potato and Kale (or Favorite Greens) Soup
- Basil Chimichurri – An Amazing Sauce in 5 Minutes
- Berry Apple Juice
- Microgreens Pesto – A Versatile Sauce
- Butternut Squash Apple Casserole – Excellent Side Dish
- Arugula Pomegranate Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette
- Carrot Balls – Low Carb Sweet or Spicy
- Blueberry Vinaigrette Salad Dressing – Fresh and Healthy
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series.