This Kohlrabi Apple Slaw is a simple and healthy side dish. Especially relevant is, kohlrabi is a good source of Thiamin, Folate, Magnesium, and Phosphorus. And its also a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Potassium, Copper, and Manganese. Pair it with sweet apples (such as red delicious, gala, or honey crisp). This is a nice alternative to traditional coleslaw.
Kohlrabi Apple Slaw Ingredients
- about 3 cups each of organic kohlrabi and apple, cut in matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons fresh organic cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons each of Olive Oil and tablespoons organic lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- To begin with, peel your lovely organic kohlrabi and cut into matchstick-size pieces. Next, cut the apple into matchstick-size pieces (leave the peel on for color if desired).
- Then, toss kohlrabi, apple, cilantro, olive oil, and lemon juice together and season with salt and pepper.
- Finally, ENJOY!
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Bell Peppers – Long List of Health Benefits
- Un Stuffed Cabbage Casserole in the Pressure Cooker
- 5 Lessons Research Teaches us about Preparing Tomatoes
- Citrus Fruits – 6 Healthy Reasons to Eat Besides Vitamin C
- Roasted Butternut Squash Gnocchi – Homemade Pasta
- Pickled Radishes – A Delicious Way to Store This Wonderful Vegetable
- Spring Garlic Aioli – Homemade Healthy Mayonnaise
- Spicy Grapefruit Herb Marinade – A Tasty Alternative
- Cheddar Beet Risotto – Sweet and Creamy
- Radish Fritters – Delicious Way to Enjoy These Red Bulbs