This Kohlrabi Apple Slaw is a simple and healthy side dish. Especially relevant is, kohlrabi is a good source of Thiamin, Folate, Magnesium, and Phosphorus. And its also a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Potassium, Copper, and Manganese. Pair it with sweet apples (such as red delicious, gala, or honey crisp). This is a nice alternative to traditional coleslaw.
Kohlrabi Apple Slaw Ingredients
- about 3 cups each of organic kohlrabi and apple, cut in matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons fresh organic cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons each of Olive Oil and tablespoons organic lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- To begin with, peel your lovely organic kohlrabi and cut into matchstick-size pieces. Next, cut the apple into matchstick-size pieces (leave the peel on for color if desired).
- Then, toss kohlrabi, apple, cilantro, olive oil, and lemon juice together and season with salt and pepper.
- Finally, ENJOY!
- Bell Peppers – Long List of Health Benefits
- Un Stuffed Cabbage Casserole in the Pressure Cooker
- 5 Lessons Research Teaches us about Preparing Tomatoes
- Citrus Fruits – 6 Healthy Reasons to Eat Besides Vitamin C
- Roasted Butternut Squash Gnocchi – Homemade Pasta
- Pickled Radishes – A Delicious Way to Store This Wonderful Vegetable
- Spring Garlic Aioli – Homemade Healthy Mayonnaise
- Spicy Grapefruit Herb Marinade – A Tasty Alternative
- Cheddar Beet Risotto – Sweet and Creamy
- Radish Fritters – Delicious Way to Enjoy These Red Bulbs
FREE Weekly Video Recipe Series
Sign-up for our 30-second (all under a minute) video recipe series is designed to provide you an easy way to use Harvest2U’s locally grown organic produce.