Smashed Baby Potatoes – Perfect For Small Potatoes
Smashed Baby Potatoes are a deliciously easy way to prepare soft-skinned small potatoes. Boiling, then smashing and baking creates a crispy crust and a creamy soft interior.
Potatoes have gotten a bad rap lately because of their carbohydrates. The carbs are mostly complex carbohydrates which your body needs. Also, they are loaded with potassium which is important for regulating blood pressure and maintaining fluid balance in the body. Add in some calcium, vitamin C and B6 and 2 grams of fiber per cup and you have a great little vegetable.
For this recipe, you want to use small baby potatoes no more than 2 inches wide. The outer skin is softer, making it perfect for this technique. Fortunately, we prefer to give our Harvest2U customers 4 to 6 small potatoes rather than one 1-pounder in their deliveries.
Smashed Baby Potatoes Ingredients
- 1 pound baby potatoes
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (or other fresh herb)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place baby potatoes in a large pan and add water to cover about 1 inch higher than the potatoes. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer until potatoes can easily be pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread potatoes out on a large baking sheet. Press down on each with the back of a wooden spoon until they are about 1/2 inch thick.
- Drizzle olive oil over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Bake until baby potatoes are crispy, about 20-25 minutes.
- Arugula Strawberry Salad – With Salmon
- Vitamin C – A Critical Component for Your Body
- Powerful Purple Juice – Not Mama’s Grape Juice
- Apple Watermelon Juice For Refreshing Hydration
- Basil Chimichurri – An Amazing Sauce in 5 Minutes
- Chimichurri – As You’ve Never Had!
- Sauteed Rosemary Beets – An Easy Way to Prepare a Superfood
- Apple and Quinoa Stuffed Squash – Use Your Favorite Squash
- Lemony Kale and Quinoa – A Flavor-Packed Dish
- Honey Glazed Carrots – Loaded with Antioxidants
- Garlic Roasted Carrots and Green Beans – Healthy Side Dish
- Apricot Peach Juice – he Way You Like It
- Carrot Leaf Tea – A Perfect Way to Use the Green Tops
- Ratatouille – Combination of Organic Summer Produce
- Roasted Garlic Turnip Dip – A Healthy Dip Alternative
- Microgreens Pesto – A Versatile Sauce
- The Blood Orange – Many Health Benefits
- Creamy Keto Braised Celery – Triple It For the Holidays
- Ginger Pear Butternut Squash Soup – A Twist On Traditional
- Pomegranate Marinade – A Powerful Antioxidant Boost
- Vegetables for Breakfast – A Healthy Start
Leave a Comment