This simple pomegranate marinade gives a powerful antioxidant boost to chicken, fish, pork, or lamb.
Pomegranates are loaded with polyphenols, powerful antioxidants that “offer protection against the development of cancers, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, osteoporosis, and neurodegenerative diseases.” (source)
A ½ cup of arils, the red pods with the white seeds inside, offer 15% of the daily recommended vitamin C, 18% of vitamin K and 14% of the fiber. Pomegranates are also a great source of folate, copper, and magnesium.
Combined with heart-healthy garlic and olive oil, this marinade adds plenty of nutrition as well as a beautiful pink hue.
Pomegranate Marinade Ingredients
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves (or other herbs of your choice)
- Whisk all ingredients together and marinate your choice of chicken, pork, lamb, or fish for at least 1 hour (no more than 12 hours, especially the fish).
- Grill, roast or broil as desired.
- Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies – Gluten Free
- Tacos Radish Avocado Salsa – Hand-Made Tacos You’ll Love
- The Blood Orange – Many Health Benefits
- Garlic Kale Soup – Use All That Wonderful Spring Produce
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli – A Simple Side Dish
- Cheddar Beet Risotto – Sweet and Creamy
- Basil Chimichurri – An Amazing Sauce in 5 Minutes
- Summer Squash – A Versatile and Nutritious Vegetable
- Stuffed Squash with Quinoa and Sausage – Nutritionally Packed
- Maple Cinnamon Squash – Preparing Winter Squash Simply
- Un Stuffed Cabbage Casserole in the Pressure Cooker
- Orange Cranberry Salad – With Tea-Infused Dressing
- Beet Hummus – High In Nutrition, Fiber, and Protein
- Low Carb Chicken Noodle Soup – Easy and Nutrient-Dense
- Blueberry Vinaigrette Salad Dressing – Fresh and Healthy
- Grilled Baby Potatoes and Fennel – Healthy Side Dish
- Arugula Pomegranate Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette
- 5 Lessons Research Teaches us about Preparing Tomatoes
- Cucumber Watermelon Juice – Refresh and Hydrate
- Peach and Arugula Salad – Perfect For Summer
- Apple Pomegranate Juice – Full of Antioxidants