This simple pomegranate marinade gives a powerful antioxidant boost to chicken, fish, pork, or lamb.
Pomegranates are loaded with polyphenols, powerful antioxidants that “offer protection against the development of cancers, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, osteoporosis, and neurodegenerative diseases.” (source)
A ½ cup of arils, the red pods with the white seeds inside, offer 15% of the daily recommended vitamin C, 18% of vitamin K and 14% of the fiber. Pomegranates are also a great source of folate, copper, and magnesium.
Combined with heart-healthy garlic and olive oil, this marinade adds plenty of nutrition as well as a beautiful pink hue.
Pomegranate Marinade Ingredients
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves (or other herbs of your choice)
- Whisk all ingredients together and marinate your choice of chicken, pork, lamb or fish for at least 1 hour (no more than 12 hours, especially the fish).
- Grill, roast or broil as desired.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in these recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest boxes for these recipes.