Summer stuffed squash is a rich source of Vitamin A and C, magnesium, fiber, folate, riboflavin, phosphorus, potassium and Vitamin B6. This quick and easy filling uses quinoa as a binder. You can make extra quinoa the night before for this recipe or cook it up while you are preparing the other ingredients.
Stuffed Squash with Quinoa and Sausage Ingredients
- 4 medium sized summer squash
- 1 large spring garlic (or several spring onions or cloves of garlic)
- 6 ounces loose sausage
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice squash down the middle lengthwise. Remove seeds with a spoon.
- Chop white part of the spring garlic.
- Cook sausage in a skillet for 2-3 minutes, breaking it up with a spoon. Add spring garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes more. Add quinoa.
- Place squash on a rimmed baking sheet. Fill with stuffing and pack down gently.
- Bake in the oven (covered with foil) for 20 to 30 minutes until squash is tender.
The renowned chef Audrey Humaciu created this recipe for Harvest2U.
Audrey is the Editor in Chef at That Recipe and VP of Creativity and Sarcasm at Munofore. When she’s not blogging about her eclectic interests from cooking and crafting to ornamental horticulture and the idiosyncrasies of the American language, she’s just your typical 40 something mom livin’ the life in the California burbs… without the minivan and over priced coffee.
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series. Recipe Videos
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in these recipes. Local source: Harvest2U, a Temecula Organic produce company.