Summer stuffed squash is a rich source of Vitamin A and C, magnesium, fiber, folate, riboflavin, phosphorus, potassium, and Vitamin B6. This quick and easy filling uses quinoa as a binder. You can make extra quinoa the night before for this recipe or cook it up while you are preparing the other ingredients.
Stuffed Squash with Quinoa and Sausage Ingredients
- 4 medium-sized summer squash
- 1 large spring garlic (or several spring onions or cloves of garlic)
- 6 ounces loose sausage
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice squash down the middle lengthwise. Remove seeds with a spoon.
- Chop the white part of the spring garlic.
- Cook sausage in a skillet for 2-3 minutes, breaking it up with a spoon. Add spring garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes more. Add quinoa.
- Place squash on a rimmed baking sheet. Fill with stuffing and pack down gently.
- Bake in the oven (covered with foil) for 20 to 30 minutes until the squash is tender.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in these recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Collard Greens for The Rest of Us
- Spring Garlic Kale Soup – Use All That Wonderful Spring Produce
- Keep Hydrated with These 8 Summer Produce Superstars
- Spring Vegetable Risotto – Asparagus, Leeks, and Peas
- Butternut Squash Appetizers – Excellent Source of Fiber
- Garlic Roasted Carrots and Green Beans – Healthy Side Dish
- Summer Fruit Clafouti – A Cross Between A Pancake And Pudding
- Chicory and Beans (Cicoria e Fagioli) – A Full Meal
- Beet Noodles and Greens – High in Fiber, Vitamins & Minerals
- Lemony Kale and Quinoa – A Flavor-Packed Dish
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series.