This delicious Lemony Kale and Quinoa flavor-packed dish are ready in under 30 minutes. It packs quite the heart-healthy punch with the vitamin-rich kale and lemon combined with the good fats in the quinoa, nuts, and olive oil.
Lacinato (Tuscan) kale is a bit easier to use in this recipe because of its long flat leaves, but curly kale will do if that’s what you have.
Lemony Kale and Quinoa Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (rinsed)
- 1/2 bunch kale
- 2 scallions
- 1 whole lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (such as almonds, pecans or pine nuts)
- In a medium saucepan bring broth to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking remove the center stem from kale and cut into 4 big pieces.
- Roll the pieces and cut them into thin strips.
- After quinoa has cooked for 10 minutes, add the kale on top, and recover.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from heat and let the pan sit covered for another 5 minutes.
- Chop scallions and place them in a medium bowl.
- Zest the entire lemon and juice 1/2 of it (save the other half for another use), adding both to the bowl.
- Add olive oil and chopped nuts.
- Add kale and quinoa to a bowl, stirring until ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Serve warm or chill for a few hours to enjoy as a salad.
- Carrot Leaf Tea – A Perfect Way to Use the Green Tops
- Gluten Free Cauliflower Fritters Using Organic Produce
- Asian Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry – Simple and Healthy
- Simple Pesto Recipe – For Many Dishes
- Radish Fritters – Delicious Way to Enjoy These Red Bulbs
- Chicken Burrito Bowl – A Staple for The Family
- Waldorf Chicken Salad-Serve It As a Sandwich or Wrap
- Peach and Arugula Salad – Perfect For Summer
- Preserved Lemons – Use Up All Those Lemons
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli – A Delicious and Simple Side Dish
- Vegetables for Breakfast – A Healthy Start
- Basil Chimichurri – An Amazing Sauce in 5 Minutes
- Mixed Greens Tart – Fiber, Iron, and Antioxidants
- Butternut Squash Apple Casserole – Excellent Side Dish
- Celery Pineapple Juice – Refreshing and Nutritious
- No Sugar Added Orange Marmalade with Wine
- Spring Vegetable Risotto – Asparagus, Leeks, and Peas
- Beet Hummus – High In Nutrition, Fiber, and Protein