This black beans kale tomatoes recipe makes a flavorful, hearty, nutrient-dense, and simple meal. Serve over quinoa, rice, couscous, or alone.
Black Beans Kale Tomatoes Ingredients:
- Dice up 1 large onion as would Julia Child
- Seed and dices 5 large or 6 medium plum tomatoes (about 2 cups)
- bunch kale (about 8–10 leaves)
- teaspoons Olive Oil
- 2 cups black beans, cooked as below
- 2 garlic cloves, halved lengthwise
- 1½ cups fat-free, reduced-sodium bone broth
- Use EXACTLY the right amount of salt and pepper (you figure that out)
First, you have to cook your beans.
- Soak the Black Beans overnight if possible, but a couple of hours will do fine.
- After they have soaked, rinse them and put in a pot with about 8 cups of water (NOTE: if during the cooking process the water runs low add more hot water).
- Cook until the beans are soft. Your cooking time will vary depending on how long you soaked the beans; just taste them every so often. Wait to salt your beans until they’re done soaking.
- So at this point, you can salt to taste.
Set the beans aside.
- With mom’s best and sharpest paring knife, cut away the central vein of each kale leaf. Rolling together (like a cigar) 3 or 4 leaves at a time, use a chiffonade cut crosswise into approximately half-inch strips. Rinse and shake well, leaving a little moisture clinging to the leaves.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large pot. Sauté your onion until translucent. Add the kale, mix, and cook until wilted. About 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic. Cook and stir about 3 minutes.
- Add your cooked beans and broth. Bring everything to a boil. You can now reduce the heat, and simmer about 30 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fun and Healthy Gluten Free Zucchini Brownies
- Easy to Make – Scrumptious Laden Sweet Potato Nachos
- Arugula Pomegranate Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette
- Broccoli Beef – Simple and Ready in 30 Minutes
- Honey Glazed Carrots – Loaded with Antioxidants
- Cheesy Kale Cups – Healthy Appetizers
- 3 Summer Fruits to Keep Out of the Fridge
- Spring Vegetable Risotto – Asparagus, Leeks, and Peas
- No Sugar Added Orange Marmalade with Wine
- Swiss Chard with Onions and Vinegar