These cheesy kale cups make healthy appetizers can easily be modified for your tastes and what is in your kitchen. Swap spinach or other greens (chard, spinach, turnip greens, etc.) for the kale. Replace the Monterey Jack with Swiss or Cheddar. Spice it up with some garlic or dried red peppers, etc.
Cheesy Kale Cups Ingredients
- 1/2 bunch of organic kale
- 12 gyoza or wonton wrappers
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup organic mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- Move oven racks to lower-middle of the oven and preheat to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line mini muffin pans with gyoza or wonton wrappers. Bake in preheated oven for 5-7 minutes so cups start to crisp up (but don’t let them start to brown).
- While cups are baking, chop kale into fairly small pieces. In a medium bowl combine kale and remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
- Stuff each cup to the top with filling, pushing down gently to pack it in, but not so hard you crack the cups.
- Bake for another 5-10 minutes until the cheese has melted and the cups are turning brown.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in these recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- No Sugar Added Orange Marmalade with Wine
- Black Beans Kale
- Shrimp and Avocado Salad
- Carrot Quinoa Muffins – Loaded with Protein and Fiber
- Chicory and Beans (Cicoria e Fagioli) – A Full Meal
- Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies – Gluten Free
- Keto Kohlrabi Coleslaw – A Low-Carb Alternative
- Lemony Kale and Quinoa – A Flavor-Packed Dish
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series.