Carrot Quinoa Muffins Ingredients
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa, room temperature
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with wrappers, or grease.
- In a mixing bowl, combine quinoa, carrots, sugar, coconut oil, yogurt, vanilla, eggs, and pecans.
- In another bowl whisk together the flours, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the quinoa carrot mixture and mix just until combined.
- Scoop into the prepared muffin tray and bake at 350 degrees until the center is done about 20 minutes.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Preserved Lemons – Use Up All Those Lemons
- Gluten-Free Lemon Zucchini Bread – High Nutritional Value
- Peach and Arugula Salad – Perfect For Summer
- Apple, Carrot, Beet, and Swiss Chard Juice – Nutrient Loading
- Asian Chicken Wraps with Peanut Sauce
- Apple and Quinoa Stuffed Squash – Use Your Favorite Squash
- Green Beans Wrapped in Bacon
- Spiced Candied Jujubes – Served with Rice and Lentils
- Basil Chimichurri – An Amazing Sauce in 5 Minutes
- Carrot and Microgreens Juice – Without a Juicer
- Kohlrabi – A Nutrient Powerhouse
- Carrot Leaf Tea – A Perfect Way to Use the Green Tops
- Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies – Gluten Free
- Ambrosia Parfaits – Healthy and No Sugar Added
- Blackberry Kiwi Juice – Incredible Nutritional Benefits