This Shredded Carrot Salad recipe is a fresh twist on the traditional Carrot and Raisin Salad. This super simple salad can be mixed up to make several different variations. Use raisins or dried cranberries; pineapple or apples; sour cream, yogurt, or mayonnaise. Combine it with shredded carrots and pecans for a delicious side salad.
It’s amazing when you use fresh organic produce you don’t need any additional sweetener. I know the dried cranberries have some added sugar, but this salad was perfectly sweet without adding any extra sugar as many recipes call for to compensate for the flavorless carrots.
Shredded Carrot Salad Ingredients
- 4 cups shredded carrots (5-6 medium to large carrots)
- ½ cup chopped apple (or pineapple)
- ½ cup raisins or dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup yogurt, mayonnaise or sour cream
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shred the carrots, chop the apple and pecans, and place in a medium bowl.
- Zest the lemon and add to the yogurt.
- Juice ½ lemon (about 1-2 tablespoons) and add to the yogurt. Combine with the carrot mix.
- Let chill for at least one hour for the flavors to develop.
- Add salt and pepper to taste before serving.
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
Like Recipe Videos? Check out our Weekly Video Recipe Series.