Besides being delicious, versatile, and portable, the health benefits of apples are significant. There’s a good reason for the adage “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”; these brightly colored beauties have plenty of nutrients to maintain your health.
Nutritional Powerhouses – 4 Major Health Benefits of Apples
Apples are packed full of fiber (containing 20% – 30% of the daily value) and include a lot of water, which helps you stay fuller longer, making them an excellent low-calorie snack. Soluble fiber can lower cholesterol and prevent heart disease, as well as help, maintain the digestive tract health, preventing some cancers.
2. Health Benefits of Apples – Vitamin C
Apples contain approximately 10% recommended daily value of Vitamin C. Vitamin C helps boost your immune system and fight off infection.
3. Health Benefits of Apples – B-Complex Vitamins
B-Complex vitamins maintain red blood cells and aid in the protection of the nervous system.
4. Antioxidants and Polyphenols
Recipes For Getting Your “Apple a Day”
Munching on a raw apple is just one way to enjoy this versatile fruit. Apples are used in many types of dishes, from drinks to main dishes and desserts. Certain varieties of apples are traditionally used in specific recipes, but mixing them up can be fun too.
Here’s a list of healthy recipes inspire you to add more of these nutrient fruits to your diet:
Health Benefits of Apples – Juices and Smoothie Recipes
- Apple Beet Carrot Juice
- Minty Apple Juice
- Apple Cucumber Juice
- Cranberry Pineapple Apple Juice
- Detoxifying Green Apple Smoothie
Apple Salads and Side Dish Recipes
- Apple Pecan Brown Rice Salad
- Apple Radish Fennel Salad
- Kohlrabi Apple Slaw
- Green Bean Apple Saute
- Butternut Squash Apple Casserole
- Apple Fennel Chutney
Apple Main Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Pork and Sauerkraut with Apples (use our homemade Sauerkraut recipe)
- Butternut Squash Apple Burgers
- Chicken Waldorf Salad
Apple Baked Good Recipes
Always use organic fruits and vegetables in your recipes.
Do you live in one of these Southern California Cities? Aguanga, Fallbrook, Hemet, Homeland, Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, or Winchester. If you do, you can use the local organic fruits and vegetables in our harvest deliveries for these recipes.
Other Great Recipes and Resources
- Berry Apple Juice
- Stock and Soup – Tastes Better When You Make Your Own
- Parsley Vegetable Juice – A Simple Detox and Antioxidant
- Cranberry Apple Juice – No Spray Here
- Low Carb Chicken Noodle Soup – Easy and Nutrient-Dense
- Carrot Balls – Low Carb Sweet or Spicy
- Vitamin C – A Critical Component for Your Body
- Green Beans
- Benefits of Beets – Elevated to Superfood Status
- Carrot Tomato Celery Juice – Nutrient-Dense and Flavorful
- Berry Minty Juice – A Refreshing Bolt of Nutrition
- Butternut Squash and Apples – The Way Grandma Made It
- Low Carb Creamed Spinach – Healthy and Easy